title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Bug: sometimes can't stop batch ripper - END BATCH not responsive

Bug: sometimes can't stop batch ripper - END BATCH not responsive

Could the "END BATCH" option be made more authoritative?

Many times the batch ripped hangs -- say out of disc space -- and the END BATCH just seems to do nothing.

I end up having to force-quit (process manager) the whole app, and then it seems the driver gets wonky and only a system restart will allow me to get ripping again.

Edit: FWIW I am using a Primera Bravo Pro when END BATCH becomes unresponsive. It's like the app keeps querying the drive or robot and won't just stop so I can reset everything.
    Last edited by turnkit; 07-01-2014 at 02:42 PM.

Administrator

Re: Bug: sometimes can't stop batch ripper - END BATCH not responsive

if your system drive is running out of space, then Windows its self can become unpredictable.

this is not a helpful answer. i have a new laptop dedicated to this application with 80% usable space. end batch is non responsive. have waited over for over 30 minutes with "end batch rip" in red. app is locked, won't let me close won't let me begin a new batch.

Administrator

Perhaps not helpful to you, but to the original poster it was helpful, the system drive can never run out of space.

Try right click on the CD drive in Batch Ripper >> Show CD Ripper (or similar)

this shows the ripping program, you can see what it is doing.

Okay, for out of disk space issues I suppose that could be the case but there are other causes too.

And when it won't respond but it keeps trying to rip, the quickest way I've found to gain control again -- and this really is the fastest -- is to reboot Windows. Just go start menu and "restart" or "shutdown."

The ripping station I am using is just dedicated for ripping -- on old XP workstation.

I'll try to watch for the problem and describe exactly when it's happening.

I am forced to log off Windows and re-logon to get the batch ripping to work often now. The issue is on a Primera Pro. After the disc fails to pick up after a successful rip, the system will just hang. (In my case I have a DVD/CD drive that sometimes doesn't extend the last 1/16" or 1/8" and the disc keeps getting knocked back down. If I pull the drives out farther then the disc hits the faceplate. So I need to replace the drive with one that has better tolerances when extended all the way out. But it works for about 15 discs before failing.) Anyway, so there are two issues. One is mine clearly. But the problem with dbpoweramp batch ripped is that if the disc fails to pick up the app will hang. I think the display says "waiting to load" but I can't get the app to stop. Clicking "End" won't work. I can't even close the app. If I control-alt-delete and force the app to quit the drivers are hung in some weird place and it won't work unless I restart. So the only fix is to log off windows which somehow shuts down the app and then log back in.

The way to see the problem is to do a batch rip but when a disc is picked up just keep knocking it back off the picker. After dbpoweramp gives up trying to pick you can see the app will get confused and won't respond. Even manually putting a disc in the drive at that point doesn't help.

I just discovered I was using Primera driver 3.20 (or 3.02?) -- anyway, I downloaded the new Batch Ripper Primera Driver and saw it was version 3.5! So I'll see... maybe that fixes the issue! Thanks Spoon for continuing to update that driver as needed.