title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Total Uninstall

Total Uninstall

dBpoweramp is causing me grief.
    My fault entirely as I upgraded OS to 64 bit and didn't follow instructions.
    Went through recommended uninstall procedure but cannot install one file which appears in the Illustrrate/dBPoweramp folder and is called dBPropertyHandler.dll.

Also in the Illustrate folder is Perfectunes (C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\PerfectTUNES).

I would like to start again and really need advice.

Many thanks.

Administrator

Re: Total Uninstall

Restart the computer and delete manually the Illustrate folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Restart the computer and delete manually the Illustrate folder.
    That would mean a re-install of PerfectTUNES

Also in the Illustrate folder is Perfectunes (C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\PerfectTUNES).

Administrator

Ok just the dBpoweramp folder if not want to do Perfecttunes.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Ok just the dBpoweramp folder if not want to do Perfecttunes.
    Thanks S

Sorry if I'm out of order, wrong place ... but I purchased the Family Pack earlier today - installed r registered version, but didn't read - and uninstall the trial version first. Have subsequently uninstalled , tried to install registered dbPoweramp, 15.1, but nothing works - won't recognice either CD drive (D; F). All was great with the trial, but now I'm messed up - pilot error, I know ... but I'm using up my 2-5 installs I think, trying to re-install ... need help here, can't get anything to work yet..... Win 7, 32 bit ... I did a cean uninstall, deleted the Illustrate folder before trying to re-install .... no luck. What have I done wrong ...? Any help greatly appreciated -- Thanks!

dBpoweramp Guru

The issue sounds like something else, I am thinking your security software has sandboxed dBpoweramp stopping it access the cd drives, try this, right click on cd ripper icon >> Run as Administrator