title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Kodak driver not available as Loading Method option

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • computer-girl
    • Dec 2008

Kodak driver not available as Loading Method option

I am attempting to test my Kodak KDK-1000-04.

I just purchased the dBpoweramp Reference v15. I installed both Ref v 15 and Batch Ripper v2, I believe that I followed the instructions here on your Wiki page: http://hyperdiscs.pbworks.com/w/page...r-Instructions

However, I seem to be running into a problem. In the dBpoweramp Batch Ripper Configuration for the TEAC CD-W552DA, I get

Loading Method: Auto Eject – Manual Load, with no otheroption. I ran the following 3 programs as Administrator PL2303_Prolific_DriverInstaller_v10518, Hyperdiscs Kodak Automator v1-3.2, Hyperdiscs Kodak Kiosk drivers for dbpoweramp v1-3.2.

It seems that the drivers are not installing properly.

Also, under DEVICE MANAGER I get the following:

Ports (COM & LPT)

Anexclamation mark within a yellow triangle appears in front ProlificUSB-to-Serial Comm Port (COM3) entry.

Under the GENERAL Tab, the device status is as follows: “This devicecannot start (Code 10). A device whichdoes not exist was specified.

Under DRIVER Tab, Driver isProlific, 10/17/2013, Version 3.4.62.293

Kindly point me in the right direction.

Window 8.1 Pro, 64-bit

Thanks,

computer-girl
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Kodak driver not available as Loading Method option

See:

The 64 bit release of dBpoweramp will only work correctly with 64 bit codecs. In Codec Central the codecs which are indicated as 32 bit only will not work with the 64 bit version of dBpoweramp. CD Writer CD Writer cannot be compiled to 64 bit, it is 32 bit only.

You have to uninstall everything, then force the 32 bit install of dBpoweramp R15, then everything else will install as 32 bit (the loader drivers you mention are 32 bit only).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• computer-girl
      • Dec 2008

Hi Spoon,

I uninstalled everything and then reinstalled everything. I believe that it the 32 bit code is now installed because dBpoweramp shows up in the x86 folder only.

The Kodak Kiosk 50 disc v1.3.2 now shows up for the TEAC CD-W552DA in batch ripper config. However, when I test the configuration

UNABLE TO find com port 'COM3'. Exiting ULCLI in 5 seconds is what I get.

I'm also still getting:

Also, under DEVICE MANAGER I get the following:

Ports (COM & LPT)

An exclamation mark within a yellow triangle appears in front ProlificUSB-to-Serial Comm Port (COM3) entry.

Under the GENERAL Tab, the device status is as follows: &*8220;This device cannot start (Code 10). A device which does not exist was specified.

I'm sure that I am doing something wrong, I just can't figure out what.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

You would have to change the comport number, try 1, try 2
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• computer-girl
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Spoon
          You would have to change the comport number, try 1, try 2
          I tried COM ports 1-5 and I got the same error message.

Could it have something to do with the fact that under Ports (COM & LPT) the Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port has a exclamation point inside of a yellow triangle, and on the General Tab it says that the device cannot start (Code 10), A device which does not exist was specified?

In the meantime, I will unload everything and try again, but please explain the Code 10 message.

Thanks

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

That is correct, the drivers could be wrong and it is not installed correctly.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• tkyt99
              • Sep 2014

I am having a similar problem - running Windows Vista. I have the 32bit version of dbPoweramp installed, BatchRipper, the prolific driver and the 2 Kodak drivers. When I try to rip or test it says, 'unable to find port COM4'. I've tried renaming to COM1, 2, and 5 - 3 already in use. The Kodak drive shows up as drive F: and COM4 in Device Manager. It shows device is working properly. Any other suggestions?
              Thanks

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Try running as adminstrator, it might not have permission to access any com port.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• tkyt99
                  • Sep 2014

Thanks so much - that solved the problem!

Comment

• djanlog
                    • Feb 2015

Hey I'm trying to work with the KDK 1000 as well to no avail. I cannot even get the disc drive open. I have installed the prolific drivers and the drive shows up, am I right to assume that, at the very least:
                    Ejecting from My Computer should open the tray?
                    pressing the button on the front of the drive should make it open?
                    neither of those are working and I have a couple days to return it via eBay if it's a dud. Let me know what your drive does!

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

Yes, if you right click on the drive and select Eject, the CD drive should open.
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>