title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Moving software and settings to a new computer

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Squid
    • Jun 2014

Moving software and settings to a new computer

How do I move the software and setting to a new computer
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Moving software and settings to a new computer

If the computer has different CD drive, it is best to start from fresh and reconfigure it all, as per:

Reinstall the registered software from:

Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• BrodyBoy
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Squid
      How do I move the software and setting to a new computer
      dBp provides no option for saving or restoring its settings. Frustrating, I know. And yes....this has gotten plenty of discussion around here....

Unless you have tons and tons of customized profiles and settings, the best solution is to just re-install dBp on the new computer and enter the settings manually. (If you can have the two computers running concurrently, it's not quite so tedious.) There is a way to copy registry settings from the old computer to the new, but that's only something I'd recommend if someone's already comfortable messing around in Windows' inner sanctums.

Comment

• Squid
        • Jun 2014

Thanks to you both. I have a bit of work to do then.

Comment

• BrodyBoy
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by kaufenpreis
          Windows Easy Transfer is a step-by-step guide for transferring files and settings from one computer running Windows to another. It helps you choose what to move to your new computer, such as user accounts, Internet favorites, and e&*8209;mail. It also lets you decide which method to use and then performs the transfer.
          I think most long-time Windows users are probably familiar with the Easy Transfer option when migrating to new computers. The question here is more specifically about dBpoweramp, as many users have spent a lot of time & effort developing elaborate settings and ripping profiles to fit their needs. The general issue (and common user complaint/request) is that dBp offers no means of saving these custom configurations, either for backup or for use in other installations.

Comment

Working...

]]>