title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Retain folder structure

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SpeedieJoe
    • May 2014

Retain folder structure

[edit]

At first, I didn't see how to retain the folder structure on convert. I see now how to do it. But, honestly, it seems to me that the most common way someone would want to convert would be to use the original folder structure. So, rather than have to figure out how to use dynamic to do that, I would think an option for "retain original structure" would be easier and do what people would want 99% of the time. Of course leave the dynamic option for those who want more control.
    Last edited by SpeedieJoe; 05-26-2014, 11:09 PM. Reason: I see how to do it.
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Retain folder structure

Originally posted by SpeedieJoe
    [edit]

At first, I didn't see how to retain the folder structure on convert. I see now how to do it. But, honestly, it seems to me that the most common way someone would want to convert would be to use the original folder structure. So, rather than have to figure out how to use dynamic to do that, I would think an option for "retain original structure" would be easier and do what people would want 99% of the time. Of course leave the dynamic option for those who want more control.
    I agree that many would want to do this. But probably not the exact structure. That is, if I'm converting a bunch of FLAC to mp3, I'd want the same structure EXCEPT I'd want them all to be in a different parent directory (c:\mp3\artist\album\tracks instead of c:\flac\artist\album\tracks.

Also, I suspect the average dbpa user is a sophisticated enough user to figure out dynamic naming because they are only using dbpa because they care more about the ripping/converting process. The average person ripping CDs simply sticks in computer and uses itunes or wmp and has no clue about lossless files, bit perfect/accuraterip matching, etc.

Comment

Working...

]]>