title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Modify the track title on error?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ppallen
    • May 2014

Modify the track title on error?

Hello all,

I've been using DBPowerAmp for a little over a year now, and the version is 14.4 Registered Reference edition. It has only been in the past week that I've taken to converting my (now ancient) cd collection to a digital format. I am loving how DBPowerAmp is agnostic towards the end file format and it's a matter of what encoder you want to use. It does one thing (Rip & encode vs jack of all trades master of none "media suite") really well. It is by far my favorite app for converting cds to digital formats.

The only bit I will say on the subject of my setup is, I've done a lot of research into secure ripping and file formats. I am really trying to archive my cds. I have secure setting pretty much set so that it will try forever to rip a cd accurately (I will set this down to error after 45 on one track) and am using a lossless format.

That said, I have a question that I've done some searching on and pardon me if I've overlooked it, but I can not seem to find anything on it. I would like to have the program prepend a special tag like [error] to the track title & file name on any specific tracts that has an error. Like I said, I'm sorry if this is a repost, or something in the program, but I just can't find it.

I have looked in the DSP effects and all, but I can't find this specific option. I've tried the delete file on error, but that is hard for me to catch. It's simply easier for me to see that tag in the file name rather then count and/or look for a sequence in track numbers.

Which leads me to ask, how hard is it write a DSP plugin? What language, framework, etc... are needed to develop DSP effects? It doesn't seem to be hard to write one, and would be a fun project for a weekend. As a programmer myself, If no method exists yet to do this, I would love to contribute to this community.

Thank you,

Paul Allen
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Modify the track title on error?

DSPs are not easy to write.

There is one 'move file on error', and in CD Ripper you can set the option to mark a track as an error if insecure.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>