title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

R23 OGG Vorbis Issues

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crawler9
    • Mar 2013

R23 OGG Vorbis Issues

I have some FLAC files which aren't converting properly to OGG Vorbis using any of the three options available (ogg vorbis, ogg vorbis (aoTuV SSE), and ogg vorbis (aoTuV SSE3). Most of the files I'm trying to convert convert successfully, but of my roughly 2300 FLAC files 2 full albums refuse convert properly and result in playable files missing their tags.

aoTuV SSE and standard ogg vorbis produce an identically named file with a tmp extension next to the resulting ogg file. aoTuV SSE3 produces no such tmp file, but the tags are still missing.

I'm using Ogg Vorbis Release 23 (Ogg v1.3.1 Vorbis V1.3.3) and SSE R23 aoTuV b6.03 with dBpoweramp Release 15 (64-bit) on Windows 8.1 Professional x64.

Thanks,
    crawler9
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: R23 OGG Vorbis Issues

If you right click on the FLAC file >> Edit ID Tags, it shows tags?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• crawler9
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Spoon
      If you right click on the FLAC file >> Edit ID Tags, it shows tags?
      Yes, it shows tags there. Also, tags are present when the files are converted to either MP3 or OPUS, so the tags are definitely intact.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

All tracks on the album do not have tags? what happens if you convert just one track?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• crawler9
          • Mar 2013

The result is exactly the same. It doesn't matter if I convert one track, the entire albums, or my entire library. The same tracks remain tagless when using OGG Vorbis, but convert fine with tags when converting to MP3 or Opus, the only other two codecs I've tried.

I just now also found that if I remove the album art from the file and convert it, it converts properly. Perhaps my album art is too big? It's 1000 x 1000 and 779KB, but I typically run the ID Tag Update utility codec on my output to shrink artwork in my tags before copying to my portable devices anyway, because the point of a lossy format like this is to save space.

I did a quick search through my FLAC directory and discovered that the two albums failing to convert are the two albums which have the largest album art, so perhaps I'm exceeding a limit for the size of the tags for OGG Vorbis? My third largest album art is 637KB and that CD converted fine.

If album art size is the issue, can you change the codec to at least notify of the error, if not allowing for larger blocks for the tags, or automatically shrinking the image if necessary?
          Last edited by crawler9; 05-16-2014, 09:52 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Will note as a possible bug, for now you can use the ID Tag Processing DSP effect and set a maximum size for album art (in KB).
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Fixed in Ogg Vorbis R24 (currently in testing).
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• crawler9
                • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Spoon
                Fixed in Ogg Vorbis R24 (currently in testing).
                Thanks for the update, Spoon.

Comment

Working...

]]>