title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: dBpoweramp Music Converter OS X Discussions

Super Moderator

Re: dBpoweramp Music Converter OS X Discussions

Beta 8 has been released.
    List of changes

We recommend everyone to update as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterP View Post
    Beta 8 has been released.
    Hi,

I've installed the new release (first time getting involved with the beta). I have two questions,

- Is the batch converter working yet? For me it crashes on open..
    - Is coreconverter working? When I run conversions on the command line it appears to complete but doesn't write the output file.

Thanks - really glad to see this coming to OS X!

Administrator

Which OS X do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Which OS X do you have?
    Yosemite

(Rookie question: My CD shows up in my finder fine, but the drive itself doesn't show up in dBpoweramp. Yosemite. Probably a simple fix/user error?)

Just upgraded to the beta 8 version on Yosemite.

I tried to add a tag (right click, Edit Tags with dBpoweramp) after a CD was ripped and won't save it. As a matter of fact, any changes to existing tags are not be saved.

Also, in a previous post, I mentioned I had issues with the date format. Example, show YYYY vs YYYY MM DD. I always have to manually remove the month and date although it is set to show YYYY only.

Anybody else experiencing this?

Thank you very much Spoon for making a Mac version. I have been holding off purchasing a Mac just because dBpoweramp. I am very very much anxious to see the final product.

I haven't read the whole thread on this beta, so please flog me if this has been asked and answered. I'm using the latest beta to continue my digital library ripping and it seems that the OS X version is not as multithreaded as the windows version is. I'm running a MacBook Pro with an i7 processor and only seeing a small blip on the CPU usage. I haven't used the Windows version in a while, but as I recall it would nearly peg all virtual processors when ripping or converting. That was a bit part of the reason I purchased the software.

So is this just a bad observation on my part or is there more code optimization to be done on OS X?

Administrator

Ripping does not normally need multi CPUs, because the CD drive is way slower than any encoder. As a test use the Batch Converter and convert your whole library to 'Test Conversion', you should see the CPU usage to be 100% on all cores.

Sorry if I missed the answer to my question. I couldn't find anything about it.
    Is there/when will there be [CUE Sheet Image] Utility Codec for the OS X version? Thanks!

Administrator

Possibly a long time, it will not make the R1 release.

So, thank you for setting me straight on that point, I was thinking of the converter, not the ripper. Just had the opportunity to use the converter on the Mac side and blazed through 108 files in seconds, all processors loaded! Very Cool!

So, when do we move to isolinear optical chips for storage instead of these damn slow CDs??? Haven't we learned anything from Star Trek?!! LOL!

Thanks

Super Moderator

Beta 10 has been released.

All essential features should be now functional.

Hi,

new to this, so please accept my apologies if my query has already been answered somewhere along the lines: is there an mp2 conversion option available, or planned for the Mac version, like it is (or at least appears to be) for Windows? And specifically - ability to convert TO MP2 (S48)?

cheers

Administrator

It is not planned in the next 8 months atleast.

Understood - thank you.