title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xiklone Music Replicator

Administrator

Xiklone Music Replicator

Xiklone is an application which works with dBpoweramp to automate conversions and synchronizing a 2nd format library. For example your main library is FLAC and Xiklone can keep a 2nd mp3 library, encoding new tracks as they appear in your main library.

Download: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/Xiklo...0-%20Trial.exe
    Requirements: dBpoweramp Reference already installed.

This software is created by TrinitySoftware. Upon release it is expected to retail for around $40 USD and requires dBpoweramp Reference.

For further details: http://www.xiklone.com/
    Help: http://www.xiklone.com/index.php?article&id=12

Administrator

Re: Xiklone Music Replicator

Updated to 1.05 to fix Unicode issue.

Is there any way of adding a external activity that can be triggered as soon as a new batch of songs has been converted/replicated?

If not is this a possible feature of the Replicator.

I would like to have a way of defining a trigger for each och the defined replicated folders.

In my case I would like to trigger a webb page with parameters or a PowerShell script, or maybe a .NET library. The most important thing is that it would be nice to be able to add parameters to the triggered action at least the amount of songs that has been replicated so that the triggered action can figure out if there were any errors during the replication.

Two different Actions would be prefered, one Succés (replication and conversion with no errors), Failure (replication or conversion with errors).

//K1

TrinitySoftware

Hi,

This is not a feature of the current version, but we're looking into adding it in the future.

Best regards,
    Daren.

Hi there,

I have been using on Windows version the Dynamic Output Location as [IFCOMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],Various Artists[]\[album]\[track] [artist][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album]\ [track][] [title]. Example: Madonna\Immaculate\ 05 Holiday

I have tried to paste and copy to Mac version but it is not accepting paste. I have been having difficulty to setup the same configuration as it does not show the same options.

Please, let me know how to procedure.

Thanks,
    Christian

Administrator

This relates to dBpoweramp on OSX? When you paste the text does not appear?

Sorry for the late reply.

Yes, dBpoweramp on OSX.
    Actually the paste does not work there. Therefore I have to type.
    But even typing the whole code it does not work.
    Also if you delete the default one and try to add (+) any other option it does no add.

Thanks.

Administrator

Please post here:

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...-X-Discussions

where it can be tracked and addressed.

I want to run Music Replicator as a service, I've run into some issues which I'll explain. I'm using AlwaysUp to run Music Replicator as a service so that I don't have to log into the machine for it to process my files. I have the service setup to run as the local administrator, Music Replicator is set to not start with Windows and it is set to replicate automatically. If I start the service while logged in it will process my files. The problem is when I'm not logged in, upon rebooting the machine and waiting a while the files do not get processed. Any idea what's causing this behavior?

dBpoweramp Guru

It is likely that it needs the GUI to be running and this only happens on log in. Try also to run with Task Scheduler, set to when windows starts.

The program works perfectly when I use it as it is intended to be used. I just wanted it to run as a service so that it will always be looking to process new files. I want it to run at boot, not when Windows starts. Until I can find a solution that works, I'll just log in and run the program when I need files replicated.

Administrator

Use Task Scheduler to run when Windows starts.

TrinitySoftware

Hi Weezywee,

Music Replicator has a setting to start-up automatically after logging-in, this would save you having to use task scheduler.

There's another possible reason for it not working while not logged-in. A service doesn't always have the credentials/rights to access folders and files on the hard drive or on a network share. You might be able to solve this by setting-up the credentials in AlwaysUp or for the AlwaysUp service.

If you are using a drive letter for a network share in the Music Replicator configuration, then this could also be the problem (drives are mapped after logging-in). In this case use UNC paths (e.g. \\myserver\myshare) in the configuration instead of drive letters and make sure that the service has the credentials to access the share.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
    Daren.

I'll try with the UNC paths, everything else is setup proper. The service is running as the correct user and it has access to the shares. I'm about to try the UNC path in the setting right now and I'll report back.

The machine has been running for 7 minutes and there has been no replication. I'll let it sit longer and to see if it kicks.