title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: VisualBasic 2010 programm does not work with Scripting dBpoweramp Music Converter

VisualBasic 2010 programm does not work with Scripting dBpoweramp Music Converter

Hello!

I want to develop a program to manage my audio library. Therefore I want to use Scripting dBpoweramp Music Converter.

My current system:
    - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
    - Visual Visual Studio Express Version 10.0.40219.1 SP1Rel with Visual Basic 2010
    - Microsoft .NET Framework Version 4.5.50938 SP1Rel
    - dBpoweramp 64bit: Registered Reference Release 15

dMC-Scripting VBScripting.vbs works fine as well as test.vbs with following content:

[COLOR=*808080]Dim intTemp, strCodec, dMC

Set dMC = WScript.CreateObject("dMCScripting.Converter")

Do
    strCodec = dMC.GetCompressions(intTemp)

If Len(strCodec) > 0 Then
    msgbox strCodec, vbOKOnly + vbInformation, "dMCScripting.Test"
    intTemp = intTemp + 1
    End If

Loop Until Len(strCodec) = 0[/COLOR]

From regsvr32 "c:\program files (x86)\illustrate\dBpoweramp\dMCScripting.dll" I get a successful registered message. Nevertheless dmcscripting.dll does not appear as a COM reference in VB 2010 Express and adding it manually as reference into the project properties dows not change the result.

I really have carefully researched into the Illustrate forum. There are some threads with similar problem definitions (e.g. http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...hlight=activex), but without a fitting answer or hint for a possible solution.

Exceuting the VisualBasic program following error message occurs:
    ActiveX component can't create object: 'dmcScripting.Converter'

The error message is caused by this code :
    [COLOR=*0000cd]Dim dMC
    dMC = CreateObject("dMCScripting.Converter")[/COLOR]

I hope I will receive answer which I can understand and use. Many thanks in advance.

Administrator

Re: VisualBasic 2010 programm does not work with Scripting dBpoweramp Music Converter

If .vbs scripting works, then it is correctly registered on the system otherwise vbs would not work.

R15 is true 64 bit, yet you have the 32 bit version installed, why is this?

Re: VisualBasic 2010 programm does not work with Scripting dBpoweramp Music Converter

Did I? I only could download one file after the purchase. How can I get the 64 bit version?

Administrator

You would have to uninstall the old version, then reinstall and it should install 64 bit version.

Do I need another installation file or how can I ensure that the 64 bit version will be installed? because recently I uninstalled Version 14 and reinstalled version 15.

Administrator

See:

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...-Compatibility

for how it detects and installs the 32 bit version.

After reading the hints at http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...-Compatibility I&*8217;m sure, that I have installed the 64 bit version. The software is installed to &*8220;C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp&*8221;. The file directory &*8220;c:\program files (x86)\illustrate\dBpoweramp\&*8220; does not exist (everything of the older version was deleted before I installed release 15). Afterwards it&*8217;s clear to me that this command was redundant (so this was my mistake).

I scan the entire registry file to ensure that there were entries with this string "c:\program files (x86)\illustrate\dBpoweramp\dMCScripting.dll". Only one entry was found which I changed to &*8220;C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\dMCScripting.dll".

After rebooting the system and trying to execute my program again I still got the error message at the same position into the code: &*8220;ActiveX component can't create object: 'dmcScripting.Converter'&*8221;.

So, what&*8217;s wrong?

Administrator

>dMCScripting.Converter
    >ActiveX component can't create object: 'dmcScripting.Converter'

Why is dmc not dMC?

Sorry, this I've copied the wrong error message.

The correct message is "ActiveX component cannot be created" and it occurs through
    dMC = CreateObject("dMCScripting.Converter")

Any idea?

Administrator

Sorry I do not have any clues here. We have updated the c* example:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/developer/...%23%20.NET.txt

Try this please. This would show that it is working to an extent.