title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Asset UPnP For QNAP / Windows

Asset UPnP For QNAP / Windows

I've encountered one small problem with the QNAP version (x19) of Asset.

The New Albums playlist is missing some of my new additions. I checked New Tracks as well and the same titles are missing there. I also have Asset 4.1 for Windows and everything is up to date there. I manually rescanned folders for changes in both versions. I recall this being an issue with the QNAP Beta as well - I'm not certain I reported it though. The missing albums do show up everywhere else in Asset, just not in the New Albums / Tracks playlists.

When will the final 4.2 version of Asset for Windows be ready? Will it include the ability to set a schedule for scanning for changes?

Administrator

Re: Asset UPnP For QNAP / Windows

The Windows version does not require scheduled scanning, as it detects files as they are added.

The New Albums playlist goes off the creation date of the files.

Re: Asset UPnP For QNAP / Windows

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    The Windows version does not require scheduled scanning, as it detects files as they are added.

The New Albums playlist goes off the creation date of the files.
    The reason I ask about scheduled scanning is that I've always had a problem with Asset-Windows where it would rescan every hour or two, regardless of whether or not I added new files/folders. This was also a problem with the early Asset-QNAP betas, but was resolved with the ability to schedule scanning every XX minutes. I have that set to rescan every three days.

If I understand your response, what determines the New Albums playlist is different in Asset-Windows vs. Asset-QNAP. It's always accurate as far as what was most recently added in Asset-Windows, regardless of the creation date. I have hundreds of CDs that were ripped last year, but not added yet since the tags/artwork need some fixes.