title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Couple of AccurateRip questions about odd behavior with a handful of CD rips

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Digitoxin
    • Apr 2014

Couple of AccurateRip questions about odd behavior with a handful of CD rips

So, I have just finished re-ripping all of my CD's to FLAC using dbPowerAmp (I had previously ripped them using EAC to 256 kbps MP3 and wanted a perfect reference set). I ripped all of my discs on secure and all have been marked accurate except for one disc.

This disc has 25 tracks and all but one were found in the AccurateRip database and have been marked accurate. The one problem track has been marked as Not in database, but Secure. I have re-ripped this disc on 5 different drives across 3 different machines with the same result. Why would this one track not be in AccurateRip's database? Would this be a manufacturer defect causing this track to rip correctly 100% of the time, but not match AccurateRip's checksum?

I have also noticed on several discs including this one in particular a large disparity between the confidence level across tracks on the same disc. In this case of this disc, most of the tracks have a confidence level of 2, except 3 of the tracks. These 3 tracks have s confidence level of 35 or 36. What would cause such a large disparity between confidence levels on the same disc?

I also have on disc where all but the last track returned an AccurateRip v2 checksum with a high confidence level. The last track on the disc returned a confidence level of 1 with an AccurateRip v1 checksum.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Couple of AccurateRip questions about odd behavior with a handful of CD rips

If the confidence is 2 and the track is not in the database then the 2 original submitters, one of them had an error and we have 2 conflicting results, this track will not appear until a 3rd person validates either of the previous results.

It is possible for the confidence to jump, when discs are pressed there are offsets introduced, you could have a pressing which aligns at some point with a more popular pressing.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>