title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Problems: Caused by BubbleUpnp, Asset or what?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Balderick
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Dec 2013

Problems: Caused by BubbleUpnp, Asset or what?

I have only limited overall success with my method of playing my digital collection. But have a problem and it's difficult, if not impossible to tell where the issues lie as there are so many components and factors. How does one find and fix the unending issues?

While there are many small issues, the one that I find most irritating are the missing files and songs etc, of course only when I want them.

Here is one that I see somewhat frequently. Windows Explorer will see all the files I expect in a folder on the Synology. Asset has been regularly Detecting Changes and sometimes refreshed completely. Yet Bubble UPnP will either see none, or only some of the files that are supposed to exist. Photos and Screenshots to help. My system info is below.

Any ideas what is the problem? or where I need to start looking closer? Asset? BubbleUpnP? the DS 213? the Files themselves? AAAARGH!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-19-11-49-23.png
Views:	1
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	296847

Name:	Asset+ELO+2014-04-19_115234.jpg
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	296848

Name:	Asset+2014-04-19_115506.jpg
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	296849

My setup

COMPUTER:
    Asset 4.1 (Registered) always running on my PC
    My PC: Intel i5-2500 @3.3 GHz, 8 Gb RAM, Win 7 Home Premium SP1, 64 bit

HOME NETWORK:
    ASUS RT-N56U
    ASUS GX-D1081 Switch
    Plus a few Trendnet Powerline adapters

STORAGE:
    Synology DS312 DSM 5.0-4458 Update 2 (2x WD Red 3TB drives, RAID 0)

CONTROL POINT:
    Samsung Tab 3 8"
    Bubble UPnP 1.8.6

STEREO:
    Anthem MRX-710 AVR
    Moon MiND
    Moon DAC 180
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Problems: Caused by BubbleUpnp, Asset or what?

Try bringing a selection of problem albums to your local computer hdd, then have asset just scan that folder, does asset have the details then?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Balderick
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Spoon
      Try bringing a selection of problem albums to your local computer hdd, then have asset just scan that folder, does asset have the details then?
      Okay. I copied t albums that could recall having issues with quantities over to my local PC Music folder and added them to the Asset directories to watch.

The only changes were Coldplay - Parachutes with 10 songs, and ELO - Eldorado with 12 songs and a graphics folder.

It took Asset 2 detecting changes, a restart and a Refresh all (90 minutes) to find the folder addition.

Here are the screenshots of Asset before and after. Note that there should be a difference of 2 albums and 22 songs but it shows weird album differences and only 4 songs. The Coldplay album shows Empty/nothing in my Control Point and the ELO album shows the same 4 songs as image in my previous post.

My Synology Server shows all the songs in both albums when I view it in the same control point. But will not play them.. except the 4 songs that do show in the Asset server. I'm thinking these missing songs are the culprits, but do not understand why.

BEFORE

AFTER

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Exclude the main folder from the scanning, so only these albums are scanned, it will make browsing and finding what is going on easier.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Balderick
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Spoon
          Exclude the main folder from the scanning, so only these albums are scanned, it will make browsing and finding what is going on easier.
          I was going to do that next. I just wanted you to see the wacky numbers I keep getting with Asset. I've pointed this out in posts prior to this thread.

Here is only that one test folder.

I've DETECTED CHANGES, REFRESHED ALL and RESTARTED ASSET. With no change to the numbers.

Name:	Asset One Folder 2014-04-20_104525.jpg
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	292691

Name:	Asset ANYWAY 2014-04-20_104647.jpg
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	292692

Comment

• Balderick
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Dec 2013

LOL. Asset never ceases to amaze me with it's counting prowess!! After Refreshing all, Detecting changes, restarting Asset AND restarting the local Computer I now have 4 tracks in 4891 albums!!

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

This is to be expected based on the design, you would not see these albums however when browsing.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Balderick
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Dec 2013

But why does it add a remove folders so drastically? I just looked today and even though I removed the 2 Christmas folders (which contain hundreds of folders) from the watchlist I now have another 500 folders?

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

The album count is just an estimation, it is not exact. However the track count is exact.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>