title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Use I use CD Ripper or Batch Converter to create MP3s and/or AACs?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DougB59
    • Apr 2014

Use I use CD Ripper or Batch Converter to create MP3s and/or AACs?

We're new to dBPowerAmp, and plan to rip a few hundred CDs into Flac format. We also want to have versions in MP3, and maybe AAC format for use in portable devices. It looks like we can either have CD Ripper create separate files in several formats as we rip them from the CDs, or just rip them to Flac format, and then use Music Converter or Batch Converter to create the MP3 or AAC files after the fact from the Flac files. I have read someone's comment that it is good to check the initial Flac file, and correct any errors/fill in any gaps in the metadata, then convert to MP3, but it also seems like it would be less trouble to just do it all in one step. What are the pros and cons of each approach? What do you recommend?

Thanks

Doug
  • DougB59
    • Apr 2014

Re: Should I use CD Ripper or Batch Converter to create MP3s and/or AACs?

Sorry, I just noticed that I messed up the title - it should be "Should I use CD Ripper or Batch Converter to create MP3s and/or AACs?" I would correct it, but I don't see an option to edit my post.

Comment

• dbfan
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Jan 2011

Re: Should I use CD Ripper or Batch Converter to create MP3s and/or AACs?

It is best to get the metadata right before ripping, so rip to multi formats.

Comment

Working...

]]>