title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Problem with utility codecs

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • keithbaran
    • Feb 2004

Problem with utility codecs

Hello all,
    I just switched from Win XP to Win 7 64 bit. I have updated Music converter to V15 and all codecs. I use to be able to right click on a music file, select " convert to" at which time I could, from a drop down menu, select several choices such as "wave", "mp3", "Flac" etc. including utility codecs such as " arrange audio", "tag from file name" etc. Since the switch to Win 7 64 bit no utility codecs appear in the drop down menu when I right click on a music file and choose " convert to".
    I have re-installed the current utility codecs several times with no luck. I apologize if this is answered somewhere in the forums, but I cannot find an answer. Any assistance would be appreciated
    Regards
    Keith Baran
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Problem with utility codecs

You must have 32 bit dBpoweramp still installed, see:

The 64 bit release of dBpoweramp will only work correctly with 64 bit codecs. In Codec Central the codecs which are indicated as 32 bit only will not work with the 64 bit version of dBpoweramp. CD Writer CD Writer cannot be compiled to 64 bit, it is 32 bit only.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• keithbaran
      • Feb 2004

Thank you Spoon, I did uninstall the old version first but just deleting that file did the trick. As always, you, this product, and company are the best, Rock On!!
      On a side note any updates on a release of the new dAP?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

We are going a totally different direction for dAP...
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>