title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

WMA to Mp3

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Har020
    • Apr 2014

WMA to Mp3

I owned DB for many years on my old laptop and used it without any problems converting music files. Recently, I have a new laptop and owing to the fact that I do not have the same interest in music files I didn't purchase DB for my new machine, prefering the free 3 weeks offer to convert the few files I have left. The conversion WMA to MP3 appeared to go as usual, as I expected but after converting the files, and stupidly deleting the originals, I find that the MP3s will not play, with any player. Some files have blank audio properties which seems to be an obvious problem but others appear to be OK, they just won't play.
    Downloaded DB yesterday, (2nd) running Windows 8. This may seem to be a simple problem that has maybe happened before, but I am not red hot with computers and am easily baffled...
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: WMA to Mp3

Install a known player such as foobar2000 (foobar2000.org) and see if it can play the mp3 files.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Har020
      • Apr 2014

Thanks for response. Tried Foobar and Potplayer but nothing. It looks as if all the information about the file is there in the properties but it cannot be read. I've never had any trouble with DB before so am lost with this. It's unfortunate, I could have lost quite a few old tracks.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Try converting a new file to mp3, check you have no DSP settings, which values were used? you selected the encoder as 'mp3 (Lame)', which bitrate was used?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Har020
          • Apr 2014

Bit Rate 160kbps, no DSP settings.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002