title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Basic Tagging Question

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dustysox
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Nov 2013

Re: Basic Tagging Question

Hi Gary,

Thank you, I will give this a try. Will this work with FLAC ans WAV files?

Comment

• Dustysox
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Nov 2013

player is a Naim NDS.

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Dustysox
        Hi Gary,

Thank you, I will give this a try. Will this work with FLAC ans WAV files?
        yes. mp3tag will work with almost any sort of file. I use it for my files which are almost all FLAC files. (obviously, a bad name for this program but it has been around forever). there is a way to use dbpa ID TAG UPDATE dsp to do the same thing I think, but I haven't tried as I was already using mp3tag for such actions.

Comment

• Dustysox
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Nov 2013

Hi Gary,

Does it matter that my files are a mixture of Flac/WAV?

My player is a Naim NDS.
          Hi Gary,

It only "blooming works"!

Thank you once again.

I have noticed in the program I can only select one cd folder at a time, it will not allow me to "select all". Any thoughts?

I fear I may have used up all my question allowance!!!

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

If you are using ID Tag Update, use it with Batch Converter to select all folders in 1 click.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• BrodyBoy
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Sep 2011

I have noticed in the program I can only select one cd folder at a time, it will not allow me to "select all". Any thoughts?
              The easiest way is to "drop & drag" multiple folders into mp3tag's window. You can select as many folders as you want (in Windows Explorer) and drag the whole lot into mp3tag. (To add folders to those already loaded, hold CTRL as you drag the new one(s) in, otherwise they'll replace what's already there.)

Comment

• BrodyBoy
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by garym
                yes. mp3tag will work with almost any sort of file.
                I don't think it works with WAV, does it? It never used to....they wouldn't even load....but perhaps that capability's been added recently?

Comment

• garym
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Nov 2007

Originally posted by BrodyBoy
                  I don't think it works with WAV, does it? It never used to....they wouldn't even load....but perhaps that capability's been added recently?
                  Good point. Not sure. I Don't use wav files.

Comment

• garym
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by BrodyBoy
                    The easiest way is to "drop & drag" multiple folders into mp3tag's window. You can select as many folders as you want (in Windows Explorer) and drag the whole lot into mp3tag. (To add folders to those already loaded, hold CTRL as you drag the new one(s) in, otherwise they'll replace what's already there.)
                    Or if all in single directory structure, right click on parent directory, select "open with mp3tag" and all files will open in mp3tag. Can't recall whether there is some setting in mp3tag that tells it to open all subdirectories.

Comment

• BrodyBoy
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by garym
                      Or if all in single directory structure, right click on parent directory, select "open with mp3tag" and all files will open in mp3tag. Can't recall whether there is some setting in mp3tag that tells it to open all subdirectories.
                      I believe that's the default behavior. (It's always worked that way for me, at least, and I'm pretty sure I never set anything for it. )

Comment

• Dustysox
                        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                        • Nov 2013

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	292754

Hi all,

In between leaning about tagging...yup it's a slow process!

The attached picture shows the tracks without the artist beside it. When the tracks are playing the tags are correct, is there anyway within mp3tag to show artist along side the track?

Comment

• Dustysox
                          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                          • Nov 2013

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-6.jpg
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	292755Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-6.jpg
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	292755

Hi, last one from me.... and this one which is showing as various artists?

Comment

• BrodyBoy
                            dBpoweramp Guru
                            • Sep 2011

Assuming the ARTIST tags are indeed included in the metadata, what you are seeing is a function of your playback device, not the files themselves, dBpoweramp, or mp3tag.

Every player has its own way of displaying information....typically some basic subset of the metadata....during playback, in track listings, etc. I can't tell for sure what player you're using there (looks like something on your iPhone), but it appears that it uses the ALBUM ARTIST tag, rather than the ARTIST tag, for compilations. This is fairly common behavior in playback devices. Sometimes you can go into the player settings and change that, but sometimes you can't.

Playback devices, especially mobile players, can be really frustrating when they don't let you customize the display options the way you want. Sometimes there are complicated workarounds, such as obscure combinations of settings or custom tagging configurations, but often, you just have to live with it if you want to use that player.

Perhaps if you identify your player, and describe the display preference you'd like to obtain, someone here who uses that equipment can offer some insight on your options.

Comment

Working...

]]>