title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

NOTE: Any posts to this forum on or after 16th April will disappear in few days when we transition to a new forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trial of dBPower, Batch Ripper, Playtunes

Trial of dBPoweramp, Batch Ripper, PerfecTunes

My host is Windows 7 64 bit, Nimbie NT21 via USB 3.0, I cannot get the Nimbie to start from Batch Ripper 2.0, with dBPoweramp 14-Trial. Indicator lights are good to go, but Nimbie is not found by app (Does show as working in Windows Device Mgr.). Batch rip seems to hang, and cannot be shut down sans task mgr. The logs simply say no CD loaded.
    In my first attempt to set up a ripping station, the Nimbie seemed to work on an XP machine, but dBPower was too slow to be practical, So I reinstalled the Nimbie and drivers on this 64 bit PC and downloaded the illustrate software. I've spent over 24 hours deinstalling, reinstalling and running troubleshooting fixes, reading the forum etc. help please. Thanks.
    Last edited by clay; 03-14-2014 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Product names corrections

Administrator

Re: Trial of dBPoweramp, Batch Ripper, PerfecTunes

In Batch ripper configuration set to configure the drive an try a test load, does it control the robot?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    In Batch ripper configuration set to configure the drive an try a test load, does it control the robot?
    No, test batches do not seem to control it. The drive is configured with "Nimbie" with downloaded Batch Ripper Nimbie Release 4. The XP machine and QQRip work (w./ dBP 14.3) but a quad-core Win 7 64-bit PC won't with dBP 15 & Batch Rip 2. Thank you.
    Last edited by clay; 03-14-2014 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Clarification

Administrator

If you have QQTray you have to uninstall as it takes over the robot and our program cannot access.

The W7-64bit machine does not have "QQTray," but does have QQ Suite folder with QQBoxPro3 and QQRipper. Should I uninstall these? Thanks!
    Last edited by clay; 03-14-2014 at 01:10 PM.

'tried uninstalling QQRipper and QQBoxxPro, and rebooted PC and robot - it still cannot fire off the tray. "Eject " works in CD Ripper, which has a "Retry" the drive window that won't clear. Here are typical notes from Batch Ripper: " [PID: 5308] Running Loader: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp 15\dBpoweramp\BatchRipper\Loaders\Nimbie\Load\Load .exe" --drive="H" --rejectifnodisc --logfile="C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\dBBA9C8 .tmp" --passerrorsback="C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\ dBBA9C9.tmp"
    Unable to locate Nimbie, is connected? " Thanks?

Administrator

If you use CD Ripper, and manually load the discs in to the drive and after ripping manually replace the disc, the ripper seems to work normally?

Yes, manually loading works. I called Acronova, and they checked everything out, including firmware, and the robot device hardware is fine. We tried both USB 2 and 3. The dBP loader program can't find the Nimbie.

Administrator

Try starting batch ripper by right click on it >> run as administrator

(do this for the configuration program, to see this helps the test loader).

No, opening and resaving b.r. configuration as administrator, and likewise running Batch Ripper as Admin, doesn't find robot. still hangs at the Loader error.: "Reject (n): No CD after load." Also hangs when trying to stop batch, and requires PC reboot. I have tried a variety of CDs. The "Rejected" CD is not being dropped either.( Config is set to allow next CD ripped to be the same as the last (reject)..."

Here is "Pre Batch" Test: Beginning Test

Running Program: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp 15\dBpoweramp\BatchRipper\Loaders\Nimbie\Pre-Batch\Pre-Batch.exe" --drive="H" --logfile="C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\dBBF18E .tmp" --passerrorsback="C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\ dBBF18F.tmp"

'hope this helps.
    Last edited by clay; 03-14-2014 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Additional info

hi - Batch Ripper 2 still cannot see the NT21 Nimbie, despite reinstalling the dBpa Nimbie Release 4 drivers too. NT21 appears okay to Windows device manager. I am dead in the water here. Should I try BR and the NT21 again on the 32 bit XP machine? Thank you.

Also, in my Illustrate/.../dBpa/Batch Ripper/Nimbie/Loader folder there is no .exe program like there is (Loader.exe) in Auto Eject\Manual Load\Loader folder. Should there be a .exe in the Nimbie loader folder? Thanks again.

Administrator

Yes there should be, is there exe in the other folders? such as unload and reject.

Yes there .exe's are in the other Nimbie subfolders. /Load has only one file: DefaultCMDLine.txt ("--rejectifnodisc.txt). I'm hoping to try the full version, and will purchase if we can get it to work with BRip. Thanks for helping me.

Administrator

Do you have any security software which might have deleted this file?