title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Where is the Music Converter Information Log?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GaryG45
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jan 2014

Where is the Music Converter Information Log?

Hi,
    When using the Music Converter, the Information Log isn't displayed nor can I find it. I'm using Reference 14.4. When I do a conversion, I select tracks to be converted, and after clicking on Convert I get a status window for the conversion. In the lower left corner of this window is an arrow. When I click on it, I get options: Priority, After Conversion, and Skip Finished Message, and there is a View Current Error & Information Log option, which is greyed out. In After Conversion I've checked Display Error Log and Display Information Log. When the conversion is finished, I go back to the options, and View Error & Information Log is still greyed out. I've checked the original and target folders for the conversion, and there is no log file for the conversion. I've checked the Music Converter Configuration and didn't see anything to setup log files. When I run CD Ripper, I get information logs. It is probably something simple that I'm missing. What do I need to do to see the information log? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Gary
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Where is the Music Converter Information Log?

testing this on R15, I notice the same thing. I've ticked "show information log" and "show error log" but nothing shows up. My "view current logs" is also greyed out. In my case, the "skip finished message" has a red X on it (and clicking on it doesn't change anything). Not sure why the red X is there.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

The information log likely contains nothing?
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• GaryG45
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Jan 2014

garym,
        When I click "Skip Finished Message", close the options, and go back to look at the options, there is a check to the far right of the "Skip Finished Message" option. Nothing changes with the red X.

Spoon,
        I was under the impression that the Music Converter information log would be similar to the information log produced by CD Ripper; information for each track converted. When looking at the Options with CD Ripper, I see that "View Error & Information Logs" is NOT greyed out. I probably should not be comparing Music Converter to CD Ripper. If the Music Converter information log doesn't produce information about each track converted, what is the intent of the log?

Gary

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

No CD ripper never logs conversions, only errors, and sometimes useful information, such as the mp3 stream loosing sync.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• GaryG45
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Jan 2014

I understand that CD Ripper will not log conversions. I was hesitant to mention CD Ripper in this question and probably should not have.

Let's get back to Music Converter and the information log for it. My assumption was that the Music Converter information log would contain information such as;

Conversion Log
            Track 1: Converted from X to Y (where X could be FLAC and Y could be ALAC)
            Original path: The path of the file(track) to be converted
            Target path: The path of resulting file
            Additional data that might contain the target file size and DSP effects used

If the information log contains something similar to my assumption, I'd like to know why I cannot see it. My only other thought is that the information log contains information when the debug option is turned on in the Music Converter configuration. If that is true, I understand why I cannot see the information log.

Gary

Comment

• garym
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by GaryG45
              I understand that CD Ripper will not log conversions. I was hesitant to mention CD Ripper in this question and probably should not have.

Let's get back to Music Converter and the information log for it. My assumption was that the Music Converter information log would contain information such as;

Conversion Log
              Track 1: Converted from X to Y (where X could be FLAC and Y could be ALAC)
              Original path: The path of the file(track) to be converted
              Target path: The path of resulting file
              Additional data that might contain the target file size and DSP effects used

If the information log contains something similar to my assumption, I'd like to know why I cannot see it. My only other thought is that the information log contains information when the debug option is turned on in the Music Converter configuration. If that is true, I understand why I cannot see the information log.

Gary
              I think Spoon may have actually meant MUSIC CONVERTER below rather than CD Ripper:

"No [Music Converter] never logs conversions, only errors, and sometimes useful information, such as the mp3 stream loosing sync."

Comment

• GaryG45
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Jan 2014

I agree. During a FLAC to ALAC batch conversion of multiple albums, I received an information log that stated the gain had been reduced for one track with additional details. Consider my question answered. Thanks, Spoon and garym for your help.

Gary

Comment

Working...

]]>