title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

DB Poweramp Reference R15 with 32 bit Operating System

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FaustoP
    • Mar 2014

DB Poweramp Reference R15 with 32 bit Operating System

I've just downloaded DB Poweramp Reference R15. I am upgrading from the previous Reference R14.4.
    At present, i'm still running a 32 bit operating system (Win 7). Are there any special instructions/cautions to be taken when installing R15 on a 32 bit OS (apart, of course, uninstalling the previous version before installing the new one)?
    Or the installation program will take care of everything?
    Thanks for your help.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: DB Poweramp Reference R15 with 32 bit Operating System

The installation takes care of everything.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Robert Hood
      • Oct 2014

I have re-installed 3-4 times now, latest dBpa, registered version, and nothing works now ... the trial was great.... Don't know what I'm doing wrong here ....any help would be greatly appreciated. Windows 7, 32 bit.

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Robert Hood
        I have re-installed 3-4 times now, latest dBpa, registered version, and nothing works now ... the trial was great.... Don't know what I'm doing wrong here ....any help would be greatly appreciated. Windows 7, 32 bit.
        be a bit more specific on the "nothing works now". Does it seem to install? can you get to the ripper screen? the converter screen? do you see the programs in the illustrate or dbpoweramp folder under your program folder in windows? Are you getting error messages?

Comment

• Robert Hood
          • Oct 2014

Sorry - Yes, I see all of the items you mention, see the screens and folders in Illustrate. But it shows "unknown" for my cd drives (d:, F. Nothing happens when I click on "Rip" icon.

Comment

• Robert Hood
            • Oct 2014

I do not get any listing of tracks on the music CD, F

Comment

• garym
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Nov 2007

Sorry - Yes, I see all of the items you mention, see the screens and folders in Illustrate. But it shows "unknown" for my cd drives (d:, F. Nothing happens when I click on "Rip" icon.
              hmmm, sounds like the issue is that its not seeing your CD drive. Not sure how to fix that, but I'm sure Spoon will chime in with suggestions. Is your CD drive built into your computer? external? if external is it USB connected or eSata connected, etc.? That will help spoon diagnose I'm sure.

Comment

• Robert Hood
                • Oct 2014

There was one error message yesterday, during un-install ... but I clicked past it, and got the successfully uninstalled, message.

Comment

• Robert Hood
                  • Oct 2014

Thanks, Gary. I'm using an external, Sony DRX-840 U, usb connected. It worked fine during the trial period, so am surprised I'm having issues now. Thanks!

I also tried an HP external drive, with same results. It also worked fine, in the trial period.

Messages in Options:

"error connecting to accuraterip, please check your settings"

"AccurateRip is unconfigured
                  '
                  (waiting for key disc to find offset)

Note: When I originally installed the registered version, I realized I had not un-installed the trial version, first. So I then uninstalled again, and have tried installing two more times, with the same result.
                  Last edited by Robert Hood; 10-11-2014, 05:44 PM. Reason: Clarification, adding info.

Comment

• garym
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Nov 2007

Thanks, Gary. I'm using an external, Sony DRX-840 U, usb connected. It worked fine during the trial period, so am surprised I'm having issues now. Thanks!

I also tried an HP external drive, with same results. It also worked fine, in the trial period.

Messages in Options:

"error connecting to accuraterip, please check your settings"

"AccurateRip is unconfigured
                    '
                    (waiting for key disc to find offset)

Note: When I originally installed the registered version, I realized I had not un-installed the trial version, first. So I then uninstalled again, and have tried installing two more times, with the same result.
                    by not working, do you mean the Accuraterip message? If that's it, just keep giving it popular CDs until it configures. Sometimes it works one or two, others have to feed 10 or 15 CDs before it configures.

Comment

• Robert Hood
                      • Oct 2014

I can't enter anything - nor rip, still see "unknown" for my drives....d, f,. AccurateRip will not do anything ....sorry -- I'm at a stand still I fee .... there is no useable function, working for me.
                      I tried re-installing again .... not even sure now it recognizes me as a registered user ..... :cry: I give up ..... no way to get money back now, either. I've never had a problem or issue like this before .... Must be something simple that I'm just missing completely.....

Comment

• garym
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • Nov 2007

I can't enter anything - nor rip, still see "unknown" for my drives....d, f,. AccurateRip will not do anything ....sorry -- I'm at a stand still I fee .... there is no useable function, working for me.
                        I tried re-installing again .... not even sure now it recognizes me as a registered user ..... :cry: I give up ..... no way to get money back now, either. I've never had a problem or issue like this before .... Must be something simple that I'm just missing completely.....
                        yes, I'm sure it's simple. I have installed this many times in a matter of minutes as have others I know. So I'm sure it is something simple and this is world class software for ripping and converting. I can't help at this point, and your error messages are a bit odd to me (how could it be asking about AccurateRip status when it doesn't even think the cd drive reader exists????? those things seem inconsistent). Anyhow, eventually today or tomorrow, the developer, Spoon will chime in with more technical help. If you can never make it work (which would be very odd), I'm sure he'll give you a refund. This is not some sort of shady software site. Regards.

Comment

• Robert Hood
                          • Oct 2014

Thanks Gary - yes, it's very odd to me also .... I'm no novice to PCs and software - been using them since my first CPM, Kaypro computer ... lol. I like the dBPoweramp software very much, so I'm very frustrated that I can't get it to working ...And no - I'm not worried about any shady site here, at all - I assure you. I think I've done something wrong from my first attempt at instaling over the trial version first. And I've downloaded with and without the purchase number, all with the same result, of no real operatin possible yet. ... weird! Again - I'm sure it's "pilot error" on this end, and will hope for some resolution, sooner or later.

Thanks again !!
                          Bob

Comment

• Spoon
                            Administrator
                            • Apr 2002

>"error connecting to accuraterip, please check your settings"

Likely blocked by Security software, try right click on CD Ripper >> Run as Administrator
                            Spoon
                            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Robert Hood
                              • Oct 2014

Interesting ... I thought of that earlier, but did not do it ...lol. I'll re-install first - I have uninstalled everything, and went through a thorough cleaning with Regedit .... I'll install with my order number again, to be sure I'm covering everything, hopefully, for a clean re-install. I'll let you know, as soon as I finish. Thanks

Comment

Working...

]]>