title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Installation problems...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rggauld
    • Jan 2014

Installation problems...

I have recently installed R15.0 to replace R14.4...
    I have followed all the instructions, uninstalled r14.4 and all it's related files, codecs, etc.
    I have also run the "dBpoweramp-Reset" utility.

When installing the new R15.0 software, it installed itself to: "C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp".
    However, when I try to install the "dMC-ref-codec-pack", it installs to "C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp".
    During the installation of the reference codec pack, I get several errors saying it is unable to run dbconfig....

Further investigation reveals that the reference codec pack actually installed to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp".
    Am I doing something wrong?

As for the codec packs, which do I download and install for the new 64-bit R15.0?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Installation problems...

The reference codec pack has not been updated yet to 64 bit. Potentially many of the codecs there cannot be updated to 64 bit because the 3rd party libraries do not exist in 64 bit form.

See:

The 64 bit release of dBpoweramp will only work correctly with 64 bit codecs. In Codec Central the codecs which are indicated as 32 bit only will not work with the 64 bit version of dBpoweramp. CD Writer CD Writer cannot be compiled to 64 bit, it is 32 bit only.

For installing R15 as 32 bit
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>