title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Update is not working

Update is not working

I ran dBpoweramp Configuration and hit Check for Updates, and there was an update. I hit the Install button, but nothing happened.
    What's wrong?

I'm running Windows 8.1 Pro (upgraded from 7 from 8). Any compatibility problem, maybe?
    TIA.

Administrator

Re: Update is not working

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Thanks, that allowed me to download that update.
    But today I checked again and there are six updates. And again nothing happens after I click the [Install] buttons.

I wonder what are these [Install] buttons for, since they don't work the way they're supposed to, or at least the way I expect them to.
    So I will have to get updates manually, one by one?

Administrator

When you click install, dBpoweramp opens the web page, so it will open for example:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dbpoweramp-dsp.htm

If you have no internet browser installed, or security software which blocks dBpoweramp from opening the web browser then nothing will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    When you click install, dBpoweramp opens the web page, so it will open for example:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dbpoweramp-dsp.htm

If you have no internet browser installed, or security software which blocks dBpoweramp from opening the web browser then nothing will happen.
    I have three browsers installed: IE11, Chrome (default), and Maxthon, all of them updated to their latest versions. Based on your answer, I tried to fix things by allowing all dBpoweramp apps in the Windows firewall. It didn't do. Then I thought of AVG AntiVirus Free Edition 2014 (installed and running real time protection), but couldn't figure out how to do that. Any ideas? TIA.

Administrator

There could be any number or programs blocking the program from working as it should, if you wanted to find out which one, you could go through disabling or uninstalling the programs until it starts working again.