title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

DSP Effects R11

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JeffBDVS
    • Jul 2014

Re: DSP Effects R11

I've encountered an issue when converting dsf files to flac using the DSD SACD Decoder and the Lowpass filter from DSP Effects R11. Adding the LP DSP cuts the volume of the converted clip by about half. It may be a straight 6 dB cut, but I haven't examined enough converted files that stray from a max peak of -6dB to be able to say that for sure. I have screenshots from Adobe Audition to help illustrate the problem.

Here's what the converted file looks like with no Lowpass DSP added:

Here's the same file converted with the Lowpass DSP:

For reference, here's the same track converted by Foobar2000 with the SACD Plugin:

Thanks in advance for any help and insight.

Jeff
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JeffBDVS; 07-21-2014, 06:34 PM.

Comment

• JeffBDVS
      • Jul 2014

Applying a Lowpass DSP to a dsf to flac conversion cuts the volume of the converted clip by about half as compared to a converted clip without the Lowpass DSP. It may be a straight 6 dB cut, but I don't have enough clips with max peaks above -6 dB to say for sure. Screenshots from Adobe Audition attached to help illustrate the problem.

dBpoweramp converted file no lowpass dsp:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	dBp_dsf2flac.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	292731

dBpoweramp lowpass dsp added at time of conversion:

Name:	dBp_dsf2flac_lp.jpg
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	292732

For reference, foobar2000 flac converted from SACD iso image:

Name:	foo2k_iso2flac.jpg
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	292733

Thanks for any help and insight,
      Jeff

EDIT: Sorry about the bad image resolution in the screenshots. The source images are much better before uploading to the forum. Is there a way to increase the resolution of the attached/uploaded images?
      Last edited by JeffBDVS; 07-21-2014, 07:10 PM. Reason: Bad image resolution

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

It is how that filter works, if you do a bit depth set to floating point 32, do the low pass, then volume normalize +6db, then bit depth to 24 bit, you will not lose anything.

<closing this thread as it relates to an old beta version>
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>