title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: CD Writer

CD Writer

I use cd writer to burn cd's. (Compilation) When I add a track to be burnt later, what happens is if the track is 3 minutes the blue bar at the bottom shows 5 mins. So when I have about 79 mins of music to be burnt, added up manually (cd-r 80 mins) the blue bar at the bottom shows 120 mins with 40 mins of overburn. I went ahead and burnt anyway but it came up with 'error'.
    How can I correct this.

Administrator

Re: CD Writer

Perhaps the track was 5 minutes, but was a mp3 VBR file which Windows can show the incorrect length for.

Thanks for the reply Spoon.All my music is ripped to FLAC. Everything was working fine a month ago, I burnt 33 tracks (mainly old time R & R) and the correct length was shown. So I decided to retest the same 33 tracks and guess what - the correct length was still shown. So whats the difference - I want to burn a new set of songs on CD-R (80mins) and it always comes up with an INCORRECT length. I then went into the properties of each individual track concerned and this is what I found. Any track that was ripped @ 16 Bits per sample the CORRECT length is shown. Any track that was ripped @ 24 Bits per sample the INCORRECT length is shown. The 33 tracks that I burnt successfully were all ripped at 16 Bits per sample. I dont know what it all means but I'm still at a loss at what to do.

Administrator

Ah the 24 bit, you can convert FLAC >> Wave and set the bit depth as 16 bits, then add the wave files, or if you convert direct to CD Writer add the DSP effect 'Bit Depth' set to 16 bit.

Problem solved. Thanks again Spoon.