title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Just purchases Reference R14 and ripper and cannot rip

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bud261
    • Dec 2013

Just purchases Reference R14 and ripper and cannot rip

When I used the trial version several weeks ago, no problem ripping in flac mode with no setup required. Today I tried to rip a cd and the cd drive starting chattering when the dBpoweramp started to rip. Tried a couple cds and the same thing. I thought my trial expired and just purchased the Reference R14. The same thing happens, only chatter from the drive and the ripping speed is very very slow and doesn't sound like it did with the previous trial version. I went through the set up the best I could but can not find anything wrong. I am running Vista Home version with no problems before . . . Help. I just plunked down 38 bucks and would like this product to work.

Thanks . . . Bob
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Just purchases Reference R14 and ripper and cannot rip

As a test select 'Burst' ripping mode and rip to the Encoder 'Test Encoder'
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bud261
      • Dec 2013

I selected Burst ripping mode and did a couple songs and it seemed to rip fine. So the I selected flac and remained in burst mode and it ripped all the songs with no problems. Thanks much! I don't know what happened but now it rips fast and accurately.

Bob

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

It is likely you have a setting on the secure option which is stopping ripping, and it is likely to be c2 pointers, so disable this one if set.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bud261
          • Dec 2013

This is Bob again. I am having the same problem, I ripped several cds with no problem and then it on the next cd it stopped ripping, making a jittering, stuttering noise in the cd drive. I tried the burst mode and any other settings I could think of but the no ripping. It seems to be a random problem that happens sometimes and then goes away. What to do?

Bob

Comment

• bud261
            • Dec 2013

I just figured something out. When the windows media player is on this happens. When I close the player it is still playing the cd and I did not know this (I had the sound off so did not know this until now I turned on the sound). So if I pause the player it rips with no problem. There must be a compatibility issue with the ripper and windows media player; I am using vista home version. I don't care to play the cd when I rip so that is no issue.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

You have 2 programs trying to read from the same cd drive at the same time.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bud261
                • Dec 2013

Right, thank you. I also figured how to get higher quality mp3s by moving the Bit Rate Quality slider further to the right. Now I can get very high quality lossy rips. I also put the encoding toggle on slow (high quality)to get better quality ripping. Wonderful product!

Best . . . Bob

Comment

Working...

]]>