title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Bug

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GeorgeButel
    • Aug 2005

Bug

With 64-bit Win8, the cd ripper will go "not responding" when I switch cds, unless I close the program and then reopen it after putting in the new cd, or do what I'm supposed to do, presumably, and tell it to eject the old cd via the gui, instead of assuming that it would "know" what I'm doing when I eject it. All these years, I've manually ejected the cd, and the ripper would recognize that the cd was ejected. It will sometimes keep the info from the previous cd in the gui, and nothing works in the gui at that point after removing the old cd. Even if I put the old cd back in, it still freezes. The task manager itself will then freeze, and, depending on which scenario I'm in to get to this point, I may have to hard boot the machine. I've tried running it in compatibility mode for XPsp3, but it still does it. I have a couple of dmp files, but they are ~100 mb large. I could find something to open them; is there something I should look for? I could upload them to Dropbox if that would help. I'm wondering if a dialog box might be coming up behind the main gui that I'm not seeing; that might cause the issue.
    Last edited by GeorgeButel; 11-15-2013, 06:52 PM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Bug

Try R15 beta, it had a modification to this area (cd eject recognizing)
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• GeorgeButel
      • Aug 2005

That fixed it, and luckily so, because I had "lost" the dmp files in the event that they might have been useful. My protocol with Windows is, anytime weird things happen, I go back to a "base" image, which I just did, in this case to an image of the 13th. My SOP is to reload a base image, update it and then quickly make a new "base" image. If the weirdness continues, then I restore an earlier image, then update that. It's easier with Macrium Reflect to restore an image than it is to spend endless sleepless nights trying to figure out what Microsoft is doing to me this time; 17 minutes total after booting straight into the recovery environment as a boot option. It wasn't just dB that was acting weird, but Firefox and Chrome had been behaving strangely also. With them, I never know, but I'm a belt-and-suspenders guy when it comes to security. If my mouse starts moving by itself, for instance, I don't wait to find out if it's a driver issue or what: I've been known to press the power button right then and there.

I do note that you now put the program files in dB Poweramp instead of in dB Poweramp that is inside of Illustrate. I like that because, on rare occasions, when a pc is misbehaving, I may run a program from the exe file directly, and I can't always remember "Illustrate." I am wondering if, when you finish v.15, there will end up being a dB folder only in Program Files, or will it end up being in both places from now on.
      Last edited by GeorgeButel; 11-16-2013, 01:46 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

The 32 bit version still goes in Illustrate, the 64 bit version goes in dbpoweramp to separate them.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>