title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset UPnP R4.2 (Windows)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DaFork
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jan 2011

Re: Asset UPnP R4.2 (Windows)

Are there many open issues? Or is a final release imminent? Would make for a nice christmas gift

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

We will tie the release to Asset for OSX, Pi and QNAP, these are not quite ready yet.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• DaFork
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Spoon
        We will tie the release to Asset for OSX, Pi and QNAP, these are not quite ready yet.
        Must be very soon then?

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

We have to merge in a bunch of changes from the Linux and OSX version, then further test.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Big update 5th May

Corrected handling of control point overrides - named but unidentified control point now gets the same overrides as unnamed
            DIDL cache now additionally keyed on IP address and control point name; since the cached content depends on control point name and IP address
            Radio & WASAPI = now all streaming options are passed to DIDL, MP3 first ( was: only MP3 )
            Updated album art cache behaviors (mainly source cleanups, on Windows we don't use non-caching mode)
            Playcount updating now uses a mutex instead of retry loop to deal with SQL database being currently written to by uMediaLib, and 2nd thread to make sure playback is never interrupted
            Reduced uMediaLibrary CPU usage when refreshing a large amount of files
            RebuildSubTableNFileNameCache() does its payload only on uMediaLib content change signaled by library update ID var
            object.container.playlistContainer given out for certain items

Asset 4.2 should now be feature complete, it will release once received sufficient testing.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• DaFork
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Spoon
              Big update 5th May

Corrected handling of control point overrides - named but unidentified control point now gets the same overrides as unnamed
              DIDL cache now additionally keyed on IP address and control point name; since the cached content depends on control point name and IP address
              Radio & WASAPI = now all streaming options are passed to DIDL, MP3 first ( was: only MP3 )
              Updated album art cache behaviors (mainly source cleanups, on Windows we don't use non-caching mode)
              Playcount updating now uses a mutex instead of retry loop to deal with SQL database being currently written to by uMediaLib, and 2nd thread to make sure playback is never interrupted
              Reduced uMediaLibrary CPU usage when refreshing a large amount of files
              RebuildSubTableNFileNameCache() does its payload only on uMediaLib content change signaled by library update ID var
              object.container.playlistContainer given out for certain items

Asset 4.2 should now be feature complete, it will release once received sufficient testing.
              Bring it on!

Comment

• Ron Westdijk
                • Jan 2013

I installed 4.2 on WHS 2011 with a remote desktop connection and running the installer from remote connection. I have set the Asset Running Mode to "Service". After rescanning the library, everything looked OK and similar to 4.1. My music files are on a ReadyNAS Duo, in three separate shares (Popular, Classic, Hires). All shares are configured exactly the same on the ReadyNAS. But then I noticed that Asset occasionally, without clear reason, drops a complete share from the library. I have to set up a remote connection, start Asset UPnP Configuration end start a Refresh All. On one occasion it seemed to happen after some changes (genre on a few albums, deleting an album). What can I do to prevent this?

Added:
                - There is one entry in the Windows logs: "The AssetUPnP service is marked as an interactive service. However, the system is configured to not allow interactive services. This service may not function properly."
                - The Add-ins tab in the Dashboard still shows Asset UPnP Premium 4.1.0.0 as an installed Add-in.
                Last edited by Ron Westdijk; 05-17-2014, 12:57 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

The files will only be removed if the share is dropped its self. You can disable the Asset autoscan option so even if the share is unavailable the files will not be removed.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Ron Westdijk
                    • Jan 2013

The share is not removed (or "unshared"), actually it shows up without problem in Advanced Search/Folders & Filename Browsing. And if I don't clear the Playlist (I am using Kinsky) I can play files without a problem, so the share is available. The metadata of the files in the share is just removed from the library, suddenly the Library is 7000 tracks smaller. I checked this in Kinsky and Foobar2000. This clearly only started after installing 4.2 on WHS 2011. Version 4.1 with the same configuration worked fine. I would rather not disable the autoscan option, because that is really one of the nicest features of Asset. I don't want to go into Asset Configuration every time to Refresh All. Is it perhaps best to go back to 4.1 and wait for the WHS (.msi) version of 4.2?

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

Is it the same share which is removed for the metadata listing each time?
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Ron Westdijk
                        • Jan 2013

No. Of the three shares, two different ones have disappeared. In the order they are shown in the advanced settings the first two have disappeared, the last one never.

Comment

• Spoon
                          Administrator
                          • Apr 2002

How often are they dropped? if you change the genre it will always drop?
                          Spoon
                          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Ron Westdijk
                            • Jan 2013

So I changed the Genre of all the tracks of one album and lost the info of the two other shares. What was very strange after the change Status showed: 1269 Tracks, 1892 Albums (more Albums than Tracks?, I have a screenshot of this). Full Library is 17326 Tracks, 1896 Albums. Since it takes a while to Refresh All, I have created three additional shares with less content to experiment with.

Smaller shares findings:
                            - in Advanced Search/[Details]/Library Details, Kinsky shows: 113 Tracks / 18 Albums. Asset UPnP Configuration (remote desktop connection to WHS 2011) shows: 113 Tracks, 1896 Albums. It looks like it didn't refresh the Album count.
                            - I added one album to one share: 42 Tracks, 1897 Albums. Only the share the album was added to remained the other two disappeared.
                            - Refresh All: 125 Tracks, 19 Albums; Genre change: no problem.
                            - Moved (Copy/Delete) one album from one share to another: Kinsky/Library Details: 63 Tracks, 5 Albums; Configuration: 63 Tracks, 19 Albums (the share that was not involved with the move is gone)
                            - Refresh All: 125 Tracks, 19 Albums (Kinsky & Configuration)
                            - Deleted an album: 21 Tracks, 19 Albums (Config) / 21 Tracks, 2 Albums (Kinsky)
                            - Refresh All: 115 Tracks, 18 Albums ((Kinsky & Configuration)

Hope this helps to find the issue.
                            Last edited by Ron Westdijk; 05-19-2014, 09:05 PM. Reason: Added info

Comment

• PeterP
                              Super Moderator
                              • Jul 2011

Ron Westdijk,

Thanks for the report. Bug confirmed and fixed. Asset R4.1 did not have it, you can go back to R4.1 until we release a new build.

Comment

• Spoon
                                Administrator
                                • Apr 2002

Update 21st May

Bug fix over multiple shares which would be de-indexed
                                Bug Fix - removing an album decrements the album counter
                                Spoon
                                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>