title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Track Numbers Appear at the end of the Track Title?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ronniedog
    • Aug 2013

Track Numbers Appear at the end of the Track Title?

Question,

Using Latest version of dbpoweramp 14.4

Ripping a CD to WAV - The tracks show up weird, the track numbers shows up at the end of the title. Example:

I typed it below, exactly as it show up in the Harddrive. The HD is a Seagate 2 TB drive, not an NAS.

TrafficJohn Barleycorn Must DieEmpty Pages03.wav

Others show up as:

trafficcompilationTrack 101.wav
    trafficcompilationTrack 202.wav

Why are the track number at the end and how can this be corrected?

Thanks,
    Charlie
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Track Numbers Appear at the end of the Track Title?

are you using dynamic naming when ripping? If so, just change the string used for dynamic naming to have whatever you want, in whatever order you want, show up in file name.

Comment

• ronniedog
      • Aug 2013

Hello,
      I will check to see if Dynamic Naming was used, not sure.

We ripped 1500 CD's and all the tracks show up as the example below:

Is there a fix to correct the naming so that the track number shows up in the begining of the track name?

Thanks,
      Charlie

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by ronniedog
        Hello,
        I will check to see if Dynamic Naming was used, not sure.

We ripped 1500 CD's and all the tracks show up as the example below:

Is there a fix to correct the naming so that the track number shows up in the begining of the track name?

Thanks,
        Charlie
        yep, assuming you have the metadata filled in (album name, track name, track no, artist, etc.) you can simply create new file names from the tag data in an automated batch manner. I know you can do the reverse in dbpa (tag data FROM filename) but you want to go tag data TO filename. I don't see this DSP in dbpa, but haven't looked hard. If you can't find a way to do this in dbpa, mp3tag will do this (and it handles flac, mp3, ogg, etc.....not 100% sure about WAV since no standardization in metadata tagging). Within mp3tag, select files, choose CONVERT, then tag TO filename, enter the mask you want (e.g., %track% - %title%) and change all the file names in one step.

EDIT: in dbpa, it looks like "converting" to the ARRANGE AUDIO DSP is what will do what you want. You'd pick the correct directory, then set the naming convention to be what you want (e.g, [track] - [artist] - [title], or whatever you want)
        Last edited by garym; 08-11-2013, 08:24 PM.

Comment

• ronniedog
          • Aug 2013

Thank you -
          Is it possible to explain how to do this using dbpa? I looked and I could not figure out the steps using dbpa.
          Can someone help explain if it is possible to use dbpa to correct the tagging?

Help.
          Charlie

Comment

• garym
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Nov 2007

Thank you -
            Is it possible to explain how to do this using dbpa? I looked and I could not figure out the steps using dbpa.
            Can someone help explain if it is possible to use dbpa to correct the tagging?

Help.
            Charlie
            have you tried using the ARRANGE AUDIO DSP (you many need to install from codec central). I think this will do exactly what you need.

Comment

• ronniedog
              • Aug 2013

Originally posted by garym
              have you tried using the ARRANGE AUDIO DSP (you many need to install from codec central). I think this will do exactly what you need.
              Thank you. I know I will soind like an idiot, but my problem is:

on my dbpoweramp I have the options:
              Configuration
              Help
              db powramp BAtch
              db poweramp CD ripper
              db poweramp Music converter

I don't knw the steps to achieve this. I don'tknow were to find ARRANGE AUDIO DSP or where codec central is for the installation. Can you help me with the steps?

Best,
              Charlie

Comment

• garym
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Nov 2007

at the top of this page click on "Codec Central"
                from there scroll down to utilities and click on arrange audio
                on that page, click on arrange audio dsp, this should open to a page that allows you to download. After downloading to your desktop, double click on it to install.

You can use DSPs, like arrange audio, by selecting files and then running BATCH converter or music converter. But instead of converting to a codec (like FLAC or mp3) you are "converting" to a DSP (e.g., arrange audio, ReplayGain, etc.). Don't let the word "conversion" scare you as you are not touching the audio of the file, "conversion to" in this case is just calling the program to do things (edit ID Tags, etc.)

But the more I look at this, I'm not sure ARRANGE AUDIO will do what you want (rename the files). I know one can do this with mp3tag (rename files based on metadata (tag) values), but not sure about dbpa. Seems like it should be able to but not sure which DSP.

Spoon or someone will hopefully chime in with an answer.

Comment

• garym
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Nov 2007

actuallly, let me play with arrange audio and see if will do what you need. i'll report back.

Comment

• garym
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Nov 2007

OK. Yes, ARRANGE AUDIO will do exactly what you want. Install the codec as explained above. Afterwards, lets do a test (later you can run a batch to handle changing all the files at once.

Working with this file as example:

If you want this to be:

03 - Traffic - John Barleycorn Must Die - Empty Pages.wav

Select file, right click, choose "Convert To"
                    Then in popup:

root path (what is the parent directory you want these to show up in? E.g., c:\, or c:\music or ??? just browse to where you want.
                    on the "arrangement" row just underneath, select SET
                    Then here you tell it what the subdirectories, if any, and file name you want to end up with based on info from the metadata tags. So for example, if you enter:

[track] - [artist] - [album] - [title]

you'll get this file name:

03 - Traffic - John Barleycorn Must Die - Empty Pages.wav

Even better would be something like:

[artist]\[album]\[track] - [title]

Then you'd get

Your parent directory\Traffic\John Barleycorn Must Die\03 - Empty Pages.wav
                    .................................................. ........................\04 - name.wav
                    etc.

Then you'd have a subdirectory for ARTIST, under that you'd end up with a separate subdirectory for each Album of that artist, and then under the album subdirectory you'd have each track, with track no and title. Anyhow, you can do this however you'd like. As you'll see in the SET for arrangement, you can play with this and see immediately what it will do with the "madonna" example.

Comment

• garym
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Nov 2007

once you've tested and decided on what you want your directory structure, file names to look like, you can run dbpa BATCH CONVERTER, select ALL your 1500 albums, "convert to" ARRANGE AUDIO, use the settings you decided on, hit "convert" and a bit later, you'll have all your files renamed and reorganized as you want them.

NOTE: in the audio arrange dsp popup, under the arrangement row (SET), there is a red question mark. click on this for more help related to this DSP.

Comment

• ronniedog
                        • Aug 2013

once you've tested and decided on what you want your directory structure, file names to look like, you can run dbpa BATCH CONVERTER, select ALL your 1500 albums, "convert to" ARRANGE AUDIO, use the settings you decided on, hit "convert" and a bit later, you'll have all your files renamed and reorganized as you want them.

NOTE: in the audio arrange dsp popup, under the arrangement row (SET), there is a red question mark. click on this for more help related to this DSP.

Thank you so much for all this superb information.

Here are the results:

1) In Batch Conversion:
                        a- Select Floders & Sub Floders to convert - making sure folder & sub folders is selected
                        b- Select Convert tab
                        c- Root path c:\music - ( where the root for all the music files are)
                        d- Arrangement - [origpath][track][artist][album][title]
                        e- Result - all music files are deleted from their original folders, only the folder.jpg file is left - files completed gone. Deleted.

2nd Method same as above - except
                        Arrangement is [track][artist][album][title] (origpath removed)
                        All music files properly organized, but all music files are removed from their folders and all files are placed in the root c:\music
                        This won't work.

3rd Method - same as above

Arrangement - [track][artist][album][title] (origpath removed)
                        But, the root points directly to the original location of the files being changed and it works perfectly. ie - c:\music\beatles\abbey road\ (music files here)

This method works, but it is not automated where all 1500 cd's can be fixed as a batch. It becomes a manual one by one process.

Help!

Best,
                        Charlie

Comment

• garym
                          dBpoweramp Guru
                          • Nov 2007

Thank you so much for all this superb information.

Here are the results:

1) In Batch Conversion:
                          a- Select Floders & Sub Floders to convert - making sure folder & sub folders is selected
                          b- Select Convert tab
                          c- Root path c:\music - ( where the root for all the music files are)
                          d- Arrangement - [origpath][track][artist][album][title]
                          e- Result - all music files are deleted from their original folders, only the folder.jpg file is left - files completed gone. Deleted.

2nd Method same as above - except
                          Arrangement is [track][artist][album][title] (origpath removed)
                          All music files properly organized, but all music files are removed from their folders and all files are placed in the root c:\music
                          This won't work.

3rd Method - same as above

Arrangement - [track][artist][album][title] (origpath removed)
                          But, the root points directly to the original location of the files being changed and it works perfectly. ie - c:\music\beatles\abbey road\ (music files here)

This method works, but it is not automated where all 1500 cd's can be fixed as a batch. It becomes a manual one by one process.

Help!

Best,
                          Charlie
                          You say in the first method the files are gone/deleted. Nothing about this method DELETEs files. They are still there somewhere, just moved to a new location and renamed. Not sure what is not working about your settings. I haven't had time to examine your settings carefully, but you're doing something wrong in your naming string for file locations. So take a closer look. In your 2nd method, you say things are put in c:\. What do you have entered as the FOLDER in the row just above the "dynamic naming" in the ARRANGE AUDIO conversion screen? That's where you would put your parent directory you want the files to end up in.

Provide some info on what you would like the directory/file organization to be and I'll suggest the string needed. It appears you want ALL the files to be in a single directory (i.e., no separate subdirectories for ARTISTS or ALBUMS). If this is true, is there a reason? Such a flat directory structure seems like a bad idea.

Comment

• ronniedog
                            • Aug 2013

You say in the first method the files are gone/deleted. Nothing about this method DELETEs files. They are still there somewhere, just moved to a new location and renamed. Not sure what is not working about your settings. I haven't had time to examine your settings carefully, but you're doing something wrong in your naming string for file locations. So take a closer look. In your 2nd method, you say things are put in c:\. What do you have entered as the FOLDER in the row just above the "dynamic naming" in the ARRANGE AUDIO conversion screen? That's where you would put your parent directory you want the files to end up in.

Provide some info on what you would like the directory/file organization to be and I'll suggest the string needed. It appears you want ALL the files to be in a single directory (i.e., no separate subdirectories for ARTISTS or ALBUMS). If this is true, is there a reason? Such a flat directory structure seems like a bad idea.

With the first method where the files are deleted, I looked everywhere where the path points to and the files are missing.
                            With the second method, all the files go into the root - cd:\music. they are not placed in their respective folders and sub folders. We do want the files to go intot their respective folder.

The section : output location, the folder just above "dynamic naming" in the arrange audio conversion screen, Original folder, folder & Dynamic are not accesible. These options are greyed out. I cannot add or make changes in the output location area. This is most likely the problem, where I cannot tell the system where to put the files.

We want to retain the directory/folder structure of where the music files are now.

Thanks,
                            Charlie

Comment

• garym
                              dBpoweramp Guru
                              • Nov 2007

Greyed out? Hmmm. You have the paid version of program, correct?

Comment

Working...

]]>