title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Convert .wma to .mp3 ?

Exclamation Convert .wma to .mp3 ?

I want to convert all the audio files in my collection to .mp3 files. Almost all my files are currently .wma files. If I use the dbpoweramp convertion program to do this it asks me to choose the path to the files I want to convert, but when I open the path the files are stored in I can only select the files that are already .mp3 format. Any of the .wma are not shown and therefor are not selectable. am I able to convert .wma to .mp3 or not?

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Convert .wma to .mp3 ?

Have you installed the dBPowerAmp WMA codec? Only MP3 comes bundled with Music Converter.

Go here and follow instructions if you have not installed the WMA codec.

Fast and Efficient! Thanks, that did the trick.

Grommet

G'day, i went to the reccomended site: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central-wma.htm and it says "not required if Media Player 9 or above is installed". I have Windows Media PLayer 9 but i still have the same problem as Grand Master.

My guess is is that you'll tell me to download the files anyway so i will....but just wondering if there is a quicker way around this....i still use dial up.....(yes i am ashamed)

Cheers,

Grom...

dBpoweramp Guru

It's only the system codec files that don't need to be installed if you have WMP9, you still need the dBPowerAmp file, WMA v9 Codec Release 1.3b, the one right underneath the system files.

dBpoweramp Guru

Oh and the file is only 260k, so it's downloaded even on dial up.

And don't be ashamed, if dial up is enough for you, so be it :D