title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: How do I make tracks play continuously as on the albums (e.g. Dark Side of The Moon)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question How do I make tracks play continuously as on the albums (e.g. Dark Side of The Moon)

Sorry to ask a dumb question, but when I rip CDs which have 'continuous' play where tracks flow into each other seamlessly (as on 'DSOTM' and the Beatles 'Abbey Road'), whenever I play back an album ripped to FLAC using dBpoweramp CD-Ripper it stops at the end of each track and then starts the next, with a short break in-between them. This of course destroys the entire listening experience, and is completely alien to how the album was intended to play, i.e. seamlessly. Is there anything I can do in the dBpoweramp CD-Ripper settings to make them play back correctly, or is this a function of the players (and I've now tried several; they all play back in the same disjointed way) ?
    All information gratefully received; at the moment I can't rip around 25% of my collection, because it'll become completely unlistenable !
    Last edited by GaryGanesh; 02-10-2013 at 10:05 AM.