title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ripper won't complete last 2 tracks of any CD

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pwmaloney
    • Nov 2011

Ripper won't complete last 2 tracks of any CD

Windows XP user, downloaded and installed 14.3 after using several previous versions successfully. Optimized as per Spoons guide.

When I try to rip a CD, all tracks except the final 2 rip successfully. I've tried this with several CDs. The second to last track will indicate a successful rip, but "hang up" at "Encoding 0%." The final track will get to "Pass 1 Ripping 99%" and stall. The elapsed time in the status window continues to run, and the program itself doesn't appear to have crashed (at least according to Windows Task Manager). BTW, this happens even when I select to rip only the final two tracks of a CD.

Uninstalled and re-installed using the program's uninstalled and the "clear all" function (it was a URL .exe that Spoon has supplied). FWIW, after I re-installed, I was successful in ripping a CD's final two tracks BEFORE I configured anything (so, it was "burst" instead of "secure," etc.).

Thanks for any advice!
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Ripper won't complete last 2 tracks of any CD

Try switching back to burst ripping, does it fix the issue?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• pwmaloney
      • Nov 2011

Thanks, Spoon. Just tried it now, and no -- this time it did NOT work with burst ripping. Ended up pretty much the same, but this time the very last track didn't even begin ripping. So it must be one of the other settings in my configuration that's hanging it up?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

possibly your cd drive is faulty.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• pablogm123
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • May 2012

For me, it seems that your drive is faulty, and cannot control properly the position of the pick-up through an infinite screw. I used to repair drives suffering from this issue, removing the cover, cleaning the rail and infinite screw of pick-up, and applying a layer of lithium grease.

Comment

• pwmaloney
            • Nov 2011

Thank you both, Spoon & Pablogm123. I went ahead and uninstalled and re-installed an earlier version. I changed to simply running the Test Encoder (instead of writing files), and that worked with no problems. Does this tell me anything? I mean, if the drive were faulty, I wouldn't have been able to do this, right? Thanks!

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Perhaps the later version can rip to Test Encoder without issue?
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• pwmaloney
                • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Spoon
                Perhaps the later version can rip to Test Encoder without issue?
                Thanks, Spoon. Reinstalled, and things seem to be working again. I wish I knew what the problem was, but I guess as long as it's working, I shouldn't worry. Thanks.

Comment

Working...

]]>