title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Track Length???

Track Length???

I purchased dBpoweramp ~July '11 after discovering the lack of integrity associated with my iTunes rips. That said, I've still got ONE CD (Natasha Bedingfield's Unwritten) that presents a real puzzle with the Length of T13. The CD Liner (and other online sources) show this track to be ~3:55 in length, dBpoweramp insists on showing it as 10:27 in length. What am I missing?

P.S. Thanks for 14.4 BETA, it DID solve the [Explicit] tag problem after converting FLAC to m4a for iTunes.

Administrator

Re: Track Length???

Perhaps it is a cd with hidden audio right at the end.

That makes sense. Do I recall seeing a DSP effect to identify, find and / or remove these hidden tracks?

Administrator

If you put the disc in a normal CD player, check the length it reports.

OK, here's what makes me the (2nd) luckiest human being on the planet. For current lack of a "normal CD player", I chose to use Windows Media Player, which showed the total length of T13 as 10:27 (vs. a reported 3:55 on the CD's liner notes and other online sources). I PLAYED T13 with the following results:
    00:00-03:56 T13 (Wild Horses)
    03:57-07:10 TOTAL SILENCE
    07:11-10:28 "Hidden Track" (Sojourn) Shown by Wikipedia as "Begins following Track 11 on international pressings, and Track 13 on UK pressings."

So I guess I've got a UK pressing - and a long, patient (medicated) way to go to escape a 3-1/2 dimensional OCPD Corner that COULD be worthy of a book. Thanks.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

TOC reported by dBpoweramp and near all software is the one provided by the drive, obtained when the drive mounts the disc and analyzes the info contained in the subcode of lead-in zone. That info is always OK, except for certain protected CDs with spurious sessions, which confuse many drives.