title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Plextor PX-40 TSI / Ultraplex 40 max

Re: Plextor PX-40 TSI / Ultraplex 40 max

Quote Originally Posted by pablogm123 View Post
    Reduce the read speed. The most equilibrated read speed for Mediatek based drives, from my experience, is 24x. For real Plextor drives too. And don't forget to enable the overread function for both drives (test if Lite-On drive can overread actually). Also, enable C2 pointers and, only for the Plextor drive, FUA.

Sometimes, I have seen a few of slightly damaged discs that a PX-755SA drive at 4x/8x won't rip, but at 24x will do finely.
    ufff i don't know to do that all , can you please tell how to do that

ps
    i find another one plextor same model will buy it

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Check the options of dBpoweramp's CD Ripper. You will found the speed/overread setting on the options. The C2/FUA setting in the Secure Settings in Options menu. You have to set up the Lite-On drives as a drive which caches audio data (the 1024 KB value, by default, is fine). The Plextor drive can use FUA to defeat easily and quickly the cache, and you have set up this drive as a drive which doesn't cache audio data.

Testing if a drive can overread into lead-out is easy, using a program named IsoBuster. Insert any original music CD into your reader. IsoBuster will show the contents. Right-click onto the CD icon, and select Extract From-To. Enter to suggested Lenght into the Start Adress box, and now change the Lenght box. For example, enter 1/2. Push Start Extraction, and ignore warnings pressing Cancel when prompted. If sucess, your drive can overread into lead-out. Anyway, when you try to overread using dBpoweramp and the drive doesn't support that, he will show a warning in log.

I know that Plextor can overread into lead-out for sure, 75 sectors of lead-out. And the Lite-On drive should overread, until 6750 sectors more or less.

pablogm123 i made screen shots for you , this is setup what i made reading what you write, this is setup for plextor for liteon didn't made yet, but step by step, look is it good for plextor, em I forget something ?? :

i cant find overread function where i can find it?
    Last edited by S0nic; 10-19-2012 at 09:01 PM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Overread function is named Read into lead-in (pregap, actually) or lead-out.

Another suggestions: Enable Ultra Secure ripping. I use 1 / 6 / 2. You can increase (because you own drives with superb C2 reporting) the re-reads of bad frames to 500-750 (And change the read speed of re-reads at 24x). And if you check the FUA function, set the cache size as 0 KB. Re-reads, if happen, will be very fast, because of FUA to defeat easily the cache drive. Whereas the Lite-On drive cannot use FUA, and cache must be defeated by brute force, by reading large portions big enough that cache cannot store.

Overread function is it good now?

I Enable Ultra Secure ripping. I increase on 4 / 24 / 8 is it enough or too much?

And change the read speed of re-reads at 24x Is it good here set drive speed at 24x ?

set the cache size as 0 KB - i do it now it's NONE is it good?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Heavily excessive, you will waste your time and stress your drive. A drive which features excellent C2 reporting doesn't need so much passes to detect the entire set of bad frames, the first pass + 1 ultra-secure is good enough. Even for a drive which is bad at reporting C2 errors (I mean, doesn't catch all errors in a go and need multiple passes) I would set 3/6/2.

None = 0 KB, right. And speed for readings and overread are properly set up.

Heavily excessive, you will waste your time and stress your drive. A drive which features excellent C2 reporting doesn't need so much passes to detect the entire set of bad frames, the first pass + 1 ultra-secure is good enough. Even for a drive which is bad at reporting C2 errors (I mean, doesn't catch all errors in a go and need multiple passes) I would set 3/6/2.

None = 0 KB, right. And speed for readings and overread are properly set up.
    i set 3/6/2 now everything is fine?

for liteon if i understand good i must do same thing only don't click on FUA?

for sony 7200s same like liteon?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

1/6/2 is a good combination, when you have drive with decent C2 support. I would use this for your Plextor drive, Sony drive and Lite-On drive, because I have tested very similar drives, and C2 support is very good.

NEC chipset based drives I have tested doesn't cache audio, for example my AD-7240S and Pioneer DVR-107D/110D. You have to insert an original audio disc in very good/excellent condition, don't do multitasking, and perform the cache test. If according to that test, your drive doesn't cache audio: 0 KB (None).

1/6/2 is a good combination, when you have drive with decent C2 support. I would use this for your Plextor drive, Sony drive and Lite-On drive, because I have tested very similar drives, and C2 support is very good.

I use 1 / 6 / 2. You can increase (because you own drives with superb C2 reporting)

you told me that increase 1/6/2 now you tell me that put 1/6/2 i don't understand?

how to do test cache?
    Last edited by S0nic; 10-20-2012 at 10:46 AM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I meant that you can increase the re-reads attempts of bad frames. Currently, 34. With excellent C2 support, 500-750 is a good amount.

Cache test: The Detect button next to drive read cache size, don't do multitasking when performing the test, because timings are critical to detect if a drive caches or not. Lite-On Mediatek based give lots of problems detecting the cache size, at least for me. The test is always reporting that cache size cannot be detected, due to inconsistent results. Anyway, they usually caches a lot of audio, 391 KB, 666 KB, 892 KB... so that the default setting (1,024 KB) is a safe setting.

I meant that you can increase the re-reads attempts of bad frames. Currently, 34. With excellent C2 support, 500-750 is a good amount.

ok i put 700 now ... i will try test cache later

here it is , what you think

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

¿The Plextor drive? FUA works as expected, but that option is the one used to detect FUA support. The cache test, for non real Plextor (if FUA works, set cache as 0 KB, none), is the one located above: [Detect]

¿The Plextor drive? FUA works as expected, but that option is the one used to detect FUA support. The cache test, for non real Plextor (if FUA works, set cache as 0 KB, none), is the one located above: [Detect]
    is this cache test or not? i think i do cache test this is plextor

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Cache test says this, you are running the FUA test actually.

"---------------------------
    dBpoweramp: Detect Drive Cache
    ---------------------------
    This function will detect the CD drive read cache size. The size of the read cache is important for secure ripping as ripping retries will be delivered from the cache rather than the CD if the cache size is not known.

Detection will take less than one minute, make sure no other program is running (including media players) during detection. Please insert an audio CD (that has no scratches) and click OK to begin.

** Using FUA to clear cache (if FUA is working drive cache should return 0 KB) **"