title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: REGISTER dmcscripting.dll for use on Windows 7 64 bit with VB 2010 Express

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

REGISTER dmcscripting.dll for use on Windows 7 64 bit with VB 2010 Express

I successfully register dmcscripting.dll on my computer. However, dmcscripting.dll does not appear as a COM reference in VB 2010 Express after registration.

When I browse to the dbpoweramp folder and add the reference to the VB 2010 Express project that way, then run the VB 2010 program, I get the message "COMException was unhandled. (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))." which suggests that the dll was not registered after all.

I have tried registering both in system32 and in syswow64, but the result is the same. Any suggestions?

Administrator

Re: REGISTER dmcscripting.dll for use on Windows 7 64 bit with VB 2010 Express

You would have to install dBpoweramp, as it installs a 64 bit dll on Windows 64, rather than the 32 bit dll (if you are copying from another computer).

I ran dMC-r14.2-Registered.exe, which installed dBpoweramp in \program files (x86)\illustrate\dBpoweramp

Any further instructions or explanation? I presently cannot use the product (just bought PerfectMeta update).

Administrator

Then there is no need to register the dll, as it will already be registered (you could try rebooting windows and reinstalling dbpoweramp).

I started the thread because when I run my VB 2010 program, I get a message saying the .dll is not registered. Nonetheless, I removed dbpoweramp, rebooted, and reinstalled dbpoweramp. It behaves the same as it did before: dmcscripting.dll does not appear as an available COM reference and when I add it as a reference by browsing to it, I get the same error.

Should the install create a folder in \program files (x86)\ even though I have a 64 bit machine? If I do not have to register the dll through regsvr32, why does it not appear in the COM choices in VB? Why is the dll not available in VB 2010 even after I register it (successfully) through regsvr32?

nothing else

Yes, you are right!