title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Album Art & CPU Problems

Album Art & CPU Problems

Hi All,

I have just purchased dBpoweramp and it truly is a great product. I tried loads of different ones before this but this was by far the best. I am using it to rip all my CDs to my NAS box (MP3) of which there are approx. 1000 of them.

There are a couple of issues. Firstly I am running this on a Core i7 machine quad processor but it only ever seems to rip one at a time. I created a DSP action to force multi core but it just seems to ignore it and still only uses one. Not too bothered about this as the ripping is pretty quick anyway.

Secondly, in the meta data tags, I unchecked album art as I don't want album art attached to any of the MP3 files. But it still puts it in. I have to delete the image at the bottom by pressing the '-' button on every single one to stop it doing it. Basically, it seems to be ignoring my selection. I then added a DSP action to remove album art but it just seems to ignore that as well.

Is there any way of stopping it from adding album art to all the tracks I rip. It's annoying because on some I forgot to delete the album art manually so then I have to manualy remove the album art from each track or simply just re-rip the CD

Administrator

Re: Album Art & CPU Problems

The CD drive is slower than the single CPU. You might need 10 CD drives all ripping together to even stress 4 cores...

The art is in 2 locations -

CD Ripper >> Options >> Meta Data & ID Tags

write to output folder\ (none) (default is Folder.jpg)

Write ID Tags:

Album Art

Thanks for your reply. I will give this a go when I get in this evening, I didn't change any write to output folder..

Is it possible to rip more than one CD drive at a time?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I believe the album art will show up in that little box. But as long as you have unchecked the album art option using the method Spoon gave above, the art won't be written to the file. You don't have to press the (-) button all the time.