title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Previously ripped single wav file: any way to check against AccurateRip database now?

Question Previously ripped single wav file: any way to check against AccurateRip database now?

I have seen a few threads on this, but most seem to talk about a single album image or individual wav or FLAC files for an entire album.

If I have one wav file in a subdirectory, is there any way to check that single wave file against whatever is in the AccurateRip database? I realize that I'd need to add the artist, CD title, and song title somehow so that only the different masterings of the same song would have to be checked.

??

Administrator

Re: Previously ripped single wav file: any way to check against AccurateRip database

It cannot be checked.

Re: Previously ripped single wav file: any way to check against AccurateRip database

That's what I thought.

But theoretically couldn't it be done? You need the CRC, and then artist, album title, and song title, and you compare that CRC vs all the similar entries in the AccurateRip database?

Administrator

Song title means nothing to AccurateRip, rather a hash of the table of contents is used to identify a track, so you would need all the other tracks...