title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Asset 4 plays only first song of album even though play album is seletec

Asset 4 plays only first song of album even though play album is seletec

I just installed Asset 4 on a notebook. When using Windows Media Center selecting to play an entire album only the first song of the album is played.
    However, using Asset 3 on another notebook it plays all songs fo the album in Windows Media Center.
    Comparing the settings of both Asset only shows a difference in Asset 3 using maxmum mp3 with 128 kbps, and Asset 4 uses mp3 with 320 kbps.
    Any suggestions how I can have Asset 4 play the entire album as well?

Administrator

Re: Asset 4 plays only first song of album even though play album is seletec

What happens if you try to play the 2nd track on its own?

This is rather odd.
    When selecting the 2nd (or any other subsequesnt track) it only played that track. But if I now select the album (the same and others) it now plays the entire album.

Similar problem to what I reported in thread below on having to revert to R3 from R4 due to hangs after first song.

"Asset R4 routinely becomes unresponsive when accessing it from Yamaha RX-A2000 AVR or its IPAD app. Will often play first song selected but upon trying to access a new artist or track it is slow to completely hangs. I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, rebooted, cleaned register, deleted config file in windows system32, etc. to no avail - same issue kept occuring. Rolled back to R3 and R3 works without this issue - very responsive and no hangs."

Administrator

Asset is multi threaded, for it to become unresponsive, the computer would have to run out of memory and start paging.