title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Ripped vinyls to hard drive in WAV format, PS3 plays 1st song, skips 2nd and so on.

Ripped vinyls to hard drive in WAV format, PS3 plays 1st song, skips 2nd and so on.

Just ripped to hard drive various Lpīs in WAV 24 Bit and also some in 16 Bit, and I have no concern in hearing them play on the PS3, but the list appears, the first track plays ok, and then the second one starts for a few seconds, and then skips to the third on the list, plays ok and then goes to the fourth, plays a few seconds and automatically skips to the fifth track. When I return to the list, the tracks that had skipped says that the data is damaged, but if I select these tracks individually, they play fine.

What would be causing this?

Administrator

Re: Ripped vinyls to hard drive in WAV format, PS3 plays 1st song, skips 2nd and so o

Network bandwidth?

Re: Ripped vinyls to hard drive in WAV format, PS3 plays 1st song, skips 2nd and so o

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Network bandwidth?
    Hi, download is 3.7 Mps & upload 0.28 Mps, can go up to 6.0 Mps at times and go as low as 2.0 Mps to download. Mp3 lists play fine, and so do flac. files, it just seems to be the WAV playing up. I recorded some at 44.1 rate and others at 48KHz, and some I set to 320 and others to 256 kbps. Could this be an issue ? All lists have the same settings of features, itīs just different lists with different features. Thanks.

Hi, download is 3.7 Mps & upload 0.28 Mps, can go up to 6.0 Mps at times and go as low as 2.0 Mps to download. Mp3 lists play fine, and so do flac. files, it just seems to be the WAV playing up. I recorded some at 44.1 rate and others at 48KHz, and some I set to 320 and others to 256 kbps. Could this be an issue ? All lists have the same settings of features, itīs just different lists with different features. Well what Iīm going to try is to convert the wav files to flac, considering they are both lossless, I wonīt degrade any of the footprints from the original recording, and see if the file lists play right the way through witout skipping tracks. Thanks.:p

Just downloaded Asset 4 on a different PC, and not to my surprise, everything just seems to be working correctly, lists on PS3 donīt skip anymore and I can now succesfully stream Solar Radio on the fly without any adjustments. Having left everything to default on Asset Conf., it plays as PCM on the Sony platform which is rewarding to my listening.
    Iīm using now Windows xp, 2MB of Ram with Intel Core 2 Quad Processor, and 10 Mega ADSL, PS3 via Sharp Aquos Quattron or Vincent Tube & Transistor amp, Jamo monitors on stands and Linn Intek Integrated amp with Pionneer book-shelf speakers. Link to my previous problems fixed, with a new installation on a more power full PC.

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...e-this-working