title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: AssetNas and Mac compatibility

AssetNas and Mac compatibility

Hi

I am a Mac user considering buying an AssetNas to store my music 24/4 and off my Macbook as well. I have a few questions. I currently use XLD on my Macbook Pro to rip to iTunes.

- Can I use XLD to rip CDs onto AssetNas?
    - Can I access AssetNAS via my Mac to shift files back and forth? Would AssetNas just be another folder?
    - If it's just another folder, can I drop AIFF files stored on my Mac and ripped with XLD as well as iTunes into the AssetNas folder? Will they be read correctly and will all the meta data get transferred?
    - Is there any particular reason why I shouldn't go for an AssetNas, if a Mac user?
    - Are there any plans to develop a DCT (desk top controller) for AssetNas to run on OSX?
    - I heard that dbpoweramp (and possibly also Asset UPNP?) for OSX is being thought of or even already worked on. Is this correct? Is there a time line for these releases?

I am sorry, if these questions have been asked before. I did search the forum for AssetNas and Mac but nothing really came up.

Thank you very much in advance for your help and support in answering these questions.

Br
    Dan
    Last edited by Asset4myNAS; 05-26-2012 at 06:10 PM.

Administrator

Re: AssetNas and Mac compatibility

1) Yes
    2) Yes
    3) Just a folder

No dbpoweramp being worked on the MAC