title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: How to upgrade dBpoweramp to a newer release on a RipNAS?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Talking How to upgrade dBpoweramp to a newer release on a RipNAS?

Hello,

I purchased a (new) RipNAS Statement in 2011-10. I updated to Asset R 4 already but noticed recently that I have dBpoweramp version 13.2. Ripping works fine, however it seems that PerfectMeta does not tag correctly: I have so far experienced lots of errors and empty fields, namely no Sonata DB tags are ever filled (have ripped approx. 180 classical CDs). Had to correct/complete all by hand with IDTag.
    I would like to upgrade to the actual version 14.2 and hope that tagging will work better plus enjoy additional functions and bug fixes, unlimited PerfectMeta etc.
    What do I need to do?

Can anybody help?

Thanks a lot, Peter

Administrator

Re: How to upgrade dBpoweramp to a newer release on a RipNAS?

Sonata is the same in R13 and R14, it is delivered through GD3. The RipNAS does have unlimited metadata, you cannot use the Ripper manually though as you will get no commercial metadata.

How does a RipNAS owner upgrade to the latest dbPoweramp software. "Music Converter? My RipNAS came preinstalled from HFX with the prior version 13.2. Since the software was preinstalled, I don't have an order number.

I was able to upgrade to the latest versions of Asset UPnP at http://dbpoweramp.com/asset-upnp-dlna.htm

and the latest version of Batch Ripper at
    http://www.dbpoweramp.com/batch-ripper.htm

Is there an available download site for a RipNAS owner to upgrade to the latest version of the Music Converter? How do I go about this?
    Regards,
    James Reach
    Last edited by reach; 06-24-2012 at 09:43 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

There is no need to update dbpoweramp on a ripnas.