title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Internet Radio Setup

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gerd
    • Jan 2012

Internet Radio Setup

I am new to the forum and new to streaming.
    I have purchased Asset UPnP to try out Internet Radio. I installed Asset on my Windows 7 Pro notebook.
    Reading the forum for anything "Internet Radio" I found references that I need a RadioTime user id. I signed up with Radio time and added my user id in the General Settings in the Asset configuration.
    Based on other comments I found I expected that in the Browse Tree I now can expand the Internet Radio container to see a bunch of radio stations, but this is not the case. The container remains empty.
    Obviously I am still missing something else.
    I also was wondering if I can use the Windows Media Center or Foobar 2000 as the streaming client for the time being.
    Thanks for any reply.
    Gerd
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Internet Radio Setup

You do not need the ID to browse the stations, try clearing the ID first. You should be able to browse without the id.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Gerd
      • Jan 2012

I removed the user id, restarted Asset, but still no radio stations show up. I also did a Restore Default, restarted Asset again, but no change. And was my assumption correct, that after installation I should have been able to "open" the Internet Radio" container.
      From your comment I assume, it should have worked right after the initial installation.
      Is there anything else I need to do first? Do I have to add a folder to the Audio Library section? Or create a shared folder somewhere first?
      Also, Windows Media Center sees my Asset server but does not show any audio files (none are loaded on the notebook yet).
      Or could this be a firewall issue? I use the latest version of Norton Internet Security.
      I have a high-speed Internet connection, so accessing the Internet and getting data downloaded works just fine.

Comment

• dbfan
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Jan 2011

It is most likely the firewall is blocking external access.

Comment

• Gerd
          • Jan 2012

well, i switched off the entire firewall, restarted asset, but still nothing.
          I am still not clear what i am supposed to "see". If everything would run as expected, would i see the list of radio stations underneath the Internet Radio folder?
          And do I have to add a new folder to the Audio Library section for Windows Media Center to find it?

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

You would see more folders, such as Local Radio.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Gerd
              • Jan 2012

Would you have any other suggestions that I could check?

Comment

• Gerd
                • Jan 2012

I uninstalled my firewall, uninstalled Asset, rebooted the notebook, then reinstalled Asset, but still no radio stations under Internet Radio.
                And just to see if Asset has a "general" problem on my PC, I coped some some FLAC files from another PC to this notebook. Using Windows Media Center I can play those flac files without a problem.
                So, I am at a loss why this won't work on my PC.

Comment

• dbfan
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Jan 2011

I do not have any more suggestions, sorry.

Comment

• Gerd
                    • Jan 2012

I just checked the Internet Radio on a ripnas statement running Asset 3. I see the same problem there, no radio stations listed underneath Internet Radio. Comparing the settings, they look the same on both systems.
                    I tried it with and without the WHS firewall, but no difference.
                    There must be some setting or flag that I miss.
                    I really would like to get this going.

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

It is likely ISP related, perhaps your ISP needs a proxy server setup to access the internet?
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Gerd
                        • Jan 2012

I can't imagine it would be a proxy issue. I work via Internet connection all day long, upload and download files, access our company servers, do research on the Internet and don't have any issues at all.

Comment

• Gerd
                          • Jan 2012

I was doing some more digging and also downloaded Asset Control. To my surprise when clicking on the Internet Radio I get a whole bunch of various stations, can select by country, genre, etc.
                          The only problem is, none of the stations I can select. The "note sign" on the left of each stations is crossed out in red.
                          So, because I see the radio stations in Asset Control, do I also have access to them in Asset? And how do I play those stations?

Comment

• dbfan
                            dBpoweramp Guru
                            • Jan 2011

It means the player is not compatible with the radio streaming format, make sure a device appears under zone, and try changing the .radio streaming option.

Comment

Working...

]]>