title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: dBpoweramp with AnyDVD?

dBpoweramp with AnyDVD?

I've been a very satisfied user of dBpoweramp for over half a year and am now starting to digitize our Movie collection as well. One of the tools I've found, AnyDVD, actually installs as a device driver and can be configured to thwart CD copy protection also. My first question is how prevalent IS CD copy protection, has dBpoweramp been handling it without my knowledge so far? My second question is simple; if I leave AnyDVD running in the background, is there ANY chance of conflict with dBpoweramp's results?

Administrator

Re: dBpoweramp with AnyDVD?

I do not believe that CD copy protection can be overcome by AnyDVD, as the CD drive its self has to be capable of reading outside the false TOC, this is at drive level, not OS driver level.

Re: dBpoweramp with AnyDVD?

Perhaps I should have been more clear; I feel as if I've never run across a CD that's been copy protected, either because dBpoweramp "just handled it," OR the industry has chosen to focus on other challenges. Can I assume that if AnyDVD "does no good," it also "does no harm." (Thanks for the GREAT software; until I started using dBpoweramp, I never knew how much I was missing by ripping with iTunes.)

nothing else

I'm surprized, thanks!