title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: PC Sound Capture worked, after register quit working.

PC Sound Capture worked, after register quit working.

Was using the free version of Asset which expired after awhile. So I paid for a registered version, now the PC Sound Capture folder is empty and no longer works :vmad:. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Steve
    Last edited by Stevereno; 04-15-2012 at 04:41 PM.

Administrator

Re: PC Sound Capture worked, after register quit working.

You have installed the registered version? uninstall existing then install registered.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You have installed the registered version? uninstall existing then install registered.
    Sorry for the delay in responding, I had a busy week.

Yes. I had already done that according to the sticky thread - several times.:(

So anyway, the folder is empty in the config screen and is also empty when accessing the server from a DLNA device. My guess is that when the free version expired, something happened that is not cleaned-up even after re-install.

The software has been useless to me ever since the free version expired and continues to be even after paying the fee. My only use-case for Asset is that wifey uses it to play CDs, Youtube, etc. from her laptop to the DNLA receiver for the kids to listen.

Administrator

Open the Asset Configuration Program >> Advanced Options and click the Default button under the browse tree. Also on the page before it should state Premium Registered.

Open the Asset Configuration Program >> Advanced Options and click the Default button under the browse tree. Also on the page before it should state Premium Registered.

When I click the default button, the folder stays empty. Do I need to reinstall codecs? Didn't I have to install a separate codec pack when I installed the free version of Asset?

It says Premium Registered.

dBpoweramp Guru

It should be empty in that section, perhaps you have chnaged the streaming option for wasapi and the player no longer recognises the stream so is not listing it.

install Asset Control frpm the beta section of this forum, this will allow you to browse that item and will show if available.

Now you have me wondering if I'm doing something REALLLLLLY stupid. As far as I can remember before the free version expired, from the A/V receiver interface I would select [Asset UPnP] -> [Advanced Search] -> [PC Sound Capture]. The [PC Sound Capture] menu would show a list of output sound-devices available on the host machine (in this case there were two devices on my wife's laptop).

When the free version expired, the [PC Sound Capture] menu (from the A/V receiver) no longer showed output sound-devices but, instead, a message that stated the feature is only available for registered copies of Asset. After I installed the registered copy, the menu is completely empty.

What I am saying is that all I did was get a registered copy, uninstall the free version, and reinstall the registered version. I haven't even messed with Asset enough to know how to change the streaming option for wasapi.

I will install the beta version later tonight.

Thanks,
    Steve
    Last edited by Stevereno; 04-25-2012 at 01:31 PM.

I'm not exactly sure what you wanted me to browse, but I installed Asset Control, navigated to [Asset UPnP]->[Advanced Search]->[PC Sound Capture] and found the folder empty the same as for the A/V receiver.

So, Asset control apparently confirms the PC Sound Capture is not available. Does anyone have an idea how to make it available?

Thanks,
    Steve

Administrator

Try uninstalling Asset, reboot computer and reinstall Asset.

That folder should normally have something in it, unless the sound card cannot be found.

Try uninstalling Asset, reboot computer and reinstall Asset.
    That did the trick. It's working like a champ, now.

Thanks for all of the help.