title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Asset and kinsky

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Asset and kinsky

I am a premium registered customer and have not yet upgraded to asset 4 because of the problems that are present using linns kinsky as a control point, which is my preferred option. These problems do not occur with asset 3 and I would like to know, who is it that fixes these issues and when would that be please ?
    I am a very happy asset customer since 2009 and don't want that to change.

Lyric.

Administrator

Re: Asset and kinsky

Linn have to fix their bug in their control point (they already have done so, but is a beta release).

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Oh Thanks Spoon, I appreciate that. I will just wait until their official release. At least you give your customers an answer Linn do not, pity reall after all the money they got of me. klimax system:smile2: It does sound really good though.
    I always recommend you and your products on the linn forum, because I am a happy asset user, Thanks

Lyric

Angry Re: Asset and kinsky

To days ago I've changed from asset release 3 to 4 under windows home server (RipNAS).
    Now we have problem that we hadn't before.
    Kinsky reports "problems occuring while retreiving content from the specified location" / "invalid character Hex 01" - for various albums.
    "Content collector failed: Linn.ControlPoint.ServiceException: Code=900 Description="'', hexidezimaler Wert 0x01, ist ein ungültiges Zeichen. Zeile 2, Position 8917."
    The content of the NAS wasn't changed. So ist a tagging problem (artworks ... ) or is it a incompatibility beween Kinsky and Asset ?
    Some directional help would be higly appreciated - back to release 3 ?

Administrator

Try installing the very latest version of Kinsky.

Thanks Spoon,

Bye the way - Asset Control works fine :blush:

Spoon,

thanks for pointing towards the right direction. It took only some hours to extract the corrupt tags.
    Two albums (ripped with dbpoweramp) contained the illegal ASCII-character 0x01 within the "Genre" "0x01Pop"
    Release 3 seems to behave different in this aspect.

Now Kinsky runs quite smooth again with release 4 and the music itself comes into focus again.

Bernd