title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Simutanous Ripping Multi Discs

Simutanous Ripping Multi Discs

This is my first post, so please excuse my ignorance in advance.

I have a large CD collection and was wondering if it is possible to use db poweramp to rip several CDs to a single storage device at the same time. I would like to purchase a large RAID and several CD-Rom drives and then save time by ripping several CDs at once. I would like to use only one computer, and one storage space and rip all of the music in a WAV or FLAC format.

Is this possible?

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Simutanous Ripping Multi Discs

Yes, but you need to use the Batch Ripper. One caveat is that the CD Ripper has a license for unlimited metadata and album art from all of the providers, while the batch ripper requires you to pay for metadata and album art from some of the providers.

You could also obtain the family pack and run the CD Ripper on multiple computers instead. You'll need to run the math on the pricing of metadata to figure out if the batch ripper's pay metadata/art will cost you too much.

Brendan

I am using one computer with 2 internal drives. I can rip 2 cd's simultaneously with dbpoweramp (not the batch ripper) to one and the same hard drive. You can start dbpoweramp more than once.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

joop, thanks for the tip about starting dbpoweramp more than once. I'm surprised I didn't think of that too! I also have two internal drives on my Dell Dual Core XPS420 running Windows 7 and running dppoweramp this way seems to work fine. I'm getting all the meta data and I noticed that the software is utilizing both cores of the processor. Have you tried running more than the two internal drives? I have a third external drive but wondering if it would be to much for the processor.

Also, I read somewhere on this site that the Batch Ripper comes free of charge with Reference version R13 and above but I don't see Batch Ripper, just Batch Converter, as an option in my software. Not sure if I would need Batch Rippier at this point unless I were to get an auto-loader/robot and I certainly don't want to pay for meta-data like bhoar noted in this thread.

Thanks,

Administrator

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Spoon, thank you for the link. So I'm assuming I could just install Batch Ripper from the provided link without having to purchase since I already bought the R14 version but I'm still a bit unsure of what advantage I would gain using Batch Ripper over just opening CD Ripper twice like joop mentioned (and I have been doing). Does Batch Ripper's advantages come into play when you have an auto loader or robot as I've heard them called? Also would using an auto loader allow for any on the fly meta data editing like I can do in CD ripper? I'm assuming not since the idea would be for unattended ripping of a large number of CD's.

Also, I need to download my paid version of dbpoweramp onto my laptop running Windows XP Pro. It seems that I didn't save a download of the installer. Can you advise as to how I can also download to my laptop or do I have to purchase another license. Do you foresee any issues using dbpoweramp with XP Pro?

Thank you for all your help!

Administrator

Try batch ripper, to see how you get on with it, if you have R14 it does not require any further registration (note the disc lookups are done on a commercial basis).

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thank you, I'll try it. My other question was regarding installing Music Converter R14.2 on my laptop as well. Do I just install again from the website?

Administrator

Yes