title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

NOTE: Any posts to this forum on or after 16th April will disappear in few days when we transition to a new forum

Thread: Artist sorting oddity

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Artist sorting oddity

Since first configuring my Asset library some 2 or more years ago, I've always used commas in the Artist tag to separate artists. For example, with symphony recordings the Artist tag always has the last name of the conductor and the initials of the orchestra with a comma in between the two, such as "Solti , CSO" for recordings of Georg Solti conducting the Chicago Symphony Orchestra. Only a single artist gets recognized this way. For some reason, Asset now recognizes some of the commas as a delimiter. Thus, the above would get sorted in Asset under "S" for Solti AND under "C" for CSO. Given that this is only happening with artists tags recently ripped, I suspect DbPoweramp, not Asset.

What can be causing this?

Administrator

Re: Artist sorting oddity

You might have a sort tag saved, rather than the main tag.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Artist sorting oddity

That was it Spoon.
    It took a while to find all of the instances where the Artist sort tag was inadvertantly saved and delte thos tags.
    Doing a full refresh then restored the library to my desired configuration.
    Thanks