title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Composer MAX Drivers?

Composer MAX Drivers?

Do Batch Ripper loader drivers still exist for the Composer MAX? I bought a MAX to rip my station's CD library during the semester break, but I hadn't anticipated that the built-in loader drivers would not work at all (I thought they might only work with one or two drives out of the 4).

My understanding was that bhoar sold drivers for the MAX, but I have not heard back from Spoon or bhoar after several days of trying to get in contact with someone who can provide the drivers. My apologies for posting the thread, but I'm starting to get desperate and I only have a few weeks to rip approximately 10,000 CDs.

Administrator

Re: Composer MAX Drivers?

These drivers are not available any more, sorry.

Does anyone have them available that could help me out? I am more than willing to pay for a MAX driver that works for any number of the drives.

Plugspark, I picked up a ComposerMax awhile back as well. With it, I've been using the ripping software from GD3. I'm not sure if it come with other drive configurations, but it supports my 4 drive ComposerMax. Might be an option to look at since you already have the robot.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Hi, I know I'm chiming in late here, but I have the same project in progress (60,000 cds at our station). I had to write replacement drivers for the composer pro series, I know the MAX is roughly the same. I could update what I wrote to work with the MAX but I have no way to test it. I considered getting a MAX but then I couldn't work out how I'd keep it straight as to input vs output vs reject bins. So I just went with 8 composer pro's running off the same machine. Contact me if you're still interested.

MTWolf -would you share the code you wrote for the composer pro series? I would like to learn more about the drivers needed for a number of systems. Thanks
    If possible please send the info/source/code to martinbrowning at attglobal.net Thanks again!

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by worsel View Post
    MTWolf -would you share the code you wrote for the composer pro series? I would like to learn more about the drivers needed for a number of systems. Thanks
    If possible please send the info/source/code to martinbrowning at attglobal.net Thanks again!
    Hi guys. If you haven't by now developed your own ComposerMax driver, I have drivers for using the ComposerMax units with batch ripper that I sell for a fee of $200 to $300 depending on the number of drives installed (assuming Spoon lets me make these offers here as he used to). If interested PM and we can take it to email. Again (relating to my recent post), sorry about being out of touch with the forum for so long.

Brendan

Brendan

Administrator

No worries

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Hi, been fighting robots. I'll post the code for the drivers as soon as I can. I have to get a system up and running for a client. They have 9 primera composer pro's and I've been playing robot repair. I'm almost there, I have one bad 1394 card and a composer with a flaky 1394 interface.

The driver is working. I've done multi robot runs with it, but I am fighting 1394 buss lockups and need to make sure it isn't my stuff doing it. I'll post the code (delphi 7 w/turbo power async pro serial drivers) when I'm sure it is all working.

John