title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rip As One

Rip As One

I want to rip this CD I have as one track (15 tracks as one) but I keep getting only the first 5:45 minutes of the entire selection 1:16:45. My CD-ROM is able to read and rip all 15 tracks with no problems, the problem is when I use Rip As One. What am I missing?

Re: Rip As One

What format are you ripping it to? Where in the track positions is the 5:45? Have you tried ripping the first/last few tracks as one to see if that works? Maybe the Cd has a defect.

Thank you for the reply, I have tried using the MP3 (Lame) and Apple Lossless, but the end result is the same no matter what CD I use, I know is not the CD nor the CD drive because I have two drives and the result is the same. The 5:45 position is about at half point of the second track. I believe it must have something to do with the settings. I have restarted the computer, check all the ripper settings, but I do not know where the 5:45 comes from. I have checked all songs and nothing, I have checked two songs and nothing either. It looks like its reaping all songs but when I try playing the tracki in only has 5:45.

Reviving this thread.. I'm having the exact same issues when I'm trying to rip audiobooks. I'm using Rip as 1 and all I get is a 5:45 out of 1:12:25 for some reason? Was using multi-encoder and it was the same result with every one.

Administrator

Be sure you not have an DSP effects running (either in CD Ripper, or on multi encoder page).

Seems to be my second dBPowerAMP 15.3 issue. I'm not getting QAAC to work at all, and Rip as 1 (One) is not working either. Rolling back to 15.1 using the exact same settings and both are working.

Administrator

Set the encoder to wave in CD ripper and test rip as one. What is the length of the track produced?

I want to rip a mix cd but i cannot finde the option to "rip as one".

dBpoweramp Guru

It is on the title bar in cd ripper, see the help file for cd ripper, if the button is not present then it suggests that the screen resolution is too low.

Quote Originally Posted by ********* View Post
    It is on the title bar in cd ripper, see the help file for cd ripper, if the button is not present then it suggests that the screen resolution is too low.
    yes under the help button is a fade out "rip as" text. between "compilation" check box field which i also cannot check and "composer". my screen resolution is 1920 x 1200.
    searching the help for "rip as one" did not help. because there is no search result for this. neither in the help for the cd ripper nor in the help for the wave codec.
    do i have a free version that not supports this?

Administrator

It requires the Reference version, that is why the button is faded out so cannot be selected.

Ok. Thank you. Good reason to by one. But one question: do i then also have the tracklisting and track selection when i rip as one?

Administrator

Rip as one has its own selection screen where start and stop times are specified.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by user_xyz View Post
    Ok. Thank you. Good reason to by one. But one question: do i then also have the tracklisting and track selection when i rip as one?
    Do you mean after you rip as one, and have a single track (containing more than one song on CD), you can still see the track names of the individual CD songs and choose any of these separately? If so, the answer is NO. If you rip as one, you have ONE giant track (all songs combined).

edit: remind me why you want to rip as one? What are you trying to achieve. One doesn't need this for gapless playback CDs, etc.

I really can't along with these issues I'm having with Mac and dbpoweramp. I understand from my own thread that for random reason, the CD Text reader can't pick up the text from CD's (although someone has made a fix for iTunes to do it if iTunes doesn't find the CD's and it works fine)

This rip as one is different too.... Mac Pro, no button on full screen. On Windows, there it is!!!! The Mac is running 15.2 and windows is running the older version of 14.4
    dppa windows.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-11-07 at 16.39.04.jpg