title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Album Art not showing in Folder

Album Art not showing in Folder

I ripped a few hundred CDs and noticed that in some, the Album Art is not showing as "Folder" when you go to the ALBUM folder. In many, the album art is showing as "Folder". I try to save the album art into the album folder but it said that it already has a file named Folder. But when I check the album file, the file "Folder" (Album Art) is not showing. Also, it is not allowing me to override the Folder file. It forces me to save it as Folder (2). Is there a way to delete the original Album Art folder file and replace it with a new one? TIA!

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Album Art not showing in Folder

The folder.jpg probably exists in the ALBUM folder, but it may be hidden. In the folder options in Windows, select the show hidden files and folders option and you will see it.

How are you creating hidden folder.jpg files? Do you use windows media player or something? I seem to remember years back windows media player screwing up my old mp3 collection by automatically overwriting my tags and creating spurious hidden files. Nowadays I don't let any player try to control my library including itunes, windows media player etc.
    Last edited by mville; 04-08-2012 at 06:04 AM.

Re: Album Art not showing in Folder

I had the same issue in that Windows Media Player was loading everything into its library and changing the folder.jpg to a hidden system file. It was also shrinking it...bad

The best advice I've read is to make the music rip directory and all files read only AND/OR add a new RIPUSER and only use this user for ripping. Change the file permissions so give only this user RW access and everyone else including administrator read only access.