title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Coverting DFF audio files (a.k.a. DSD IFF) into WAV and/or AAC possible?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Judith
    • Jan 2012

Coverting DFF audio files (a.k.a. DSD IFF) into WAV and/or AAC possible?

Just dowloaded 5 DFF audio files at http://bluecoastrecords.downloadsnow.nnet/discount for only US$ 5.00 in total.

Is there a possibility to convert these files into f.i. AAC using dBpoweramps CD Ripper?

If not, are there any future plans to include this as a new feature into CD Ripper?
    Last edited by Judith; 04-12-2012, 12:56 AM.
  • Judith
    • Jan 2012

Re: Converting DFF audio files (a.k.a. DSD IFF) into WAV and/or AAC possible?

Just noticed that JRiver MC17 fully supports playing DFF audio files and that MC17 enables me to convert DFF files into WAV, FLAC etc.

It shouldn't be too difficult to include the conversion feature into dBpoweramp CD Ripper?

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

See:

DSD (Direct Stream Digtal) is the audio format used for Super Audio CDs (SACD). This codec is able to decode .dff files (DSD Interchange File Format). At this time of writing, it is not possible to read the audio from a SACD disc as no PC based drives exist. DSD is an unusual format in that it is 1 bit with a very high sample
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Judith
        • Jan 2012

Thanks Spoon for pointing me to that thread!

In the meantime I've downloaded the decoder http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/dBpow...c-DSD-SACD.exe

Comment

Working...

]]>